ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic Convertor Error - Didnt get the codes

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

So after having no codes on my car I had 2 new ones!! I was driving on the motorway just cruising at 65ish and the EML came on. No issues with driveability so carried on to my exit and then stopped and read the codes. I had two related to the cat performance.

I appreciate there is not much to go on but I am pondering the possibility that going from a decat to a sports cat has meant that the car isn't really working out the emissions properly and when on the motorway either the cat became blocked or the ECU got confused and threw the code.

Since resetting I have had no issue with the EML coming back on but then I haven't been on a motorway. Open to thoughts and opinions really as to whether putting the cat on will cause such an issue? I still have the decat so I could put that back on and see if that resolves it, I never had any issues on the motorway with the decat on so I do feel that its linked, but I have also since replaced the upstream o2 sensor as well.

Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You had a decat to begin with and have put a sports cat on?

Usually a decat will need a map to remove ECU errors from lambda, so I'm not sure why they have come back.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The light coming on won't affect the running of the car.

It's probably just got confused, or potentially the sports cat isn't as good as it's meant to be.

The second sensor is just for cat performance monitoring, it's the first sensor that controls fueling.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
You had a decat to begin with and have put a sports cat on?

Usually a decat will need a map to remove ECU errors from lambda, so I'm not sure why they have come back.
Yes. Had no issues at all with the decat.

The light coming on won't affect the running of the car.

It's probably just got confused, or potentially the sports cat isn't as good as it's meant to be.

The second sensor is just for cat performance monitoring, it's the first sensor that controls fueling.
My EML sometimes comes on and I've got a decat and the 2nd sensor is cable tied up under the car 😂

It usually goes off after a while and it's never caused an issue

Sounds like French Sh*t box doing French Sh*t box things.

also it’s a Ktec sports cat…. Soooooo….