ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Display Unit

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
I have just got my car back form having a new timeing belt fitted and noticed that one side of the central display unit is a lot darker than the other.

Im not sure if something has happened when they have been replacing the timing belt and disturbed a wire or something - anyone got any ideas?

I looked up the Haynes and noticed that there are two bulbs in this display acting as a backlight. It gives details on how to change them etc but this involves removing the "Facia Upper trim pannel" as they call it which is basically the dashboard.

Anyone done this - any tips advice on how difficult this is?

I know the jobs not essential but its doing my head in elready having only half the display working.

172 cup'd extreme
have to take the top dash off to change the bulb aint hard 3 screws where the windscreen heat comes from 2 screws behind the passenger side trim 2 behind the clocks and one either side of the top dash

Nike Lunar Elite's
Top dash isn't a big job, can get mine off in a couple of mins. As well as removing all the screws, you also need to pull the A pillar covers off.

Mégane RS
Yeah not a big job at all, i always forget the a pillars and stand there pulling thinking why isnt it coming off lol

Polo + Micra
they are little tiny capless 1.2w lamps

they are avaliable from places like hellfrauds

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Cheers for all the info guys.

I was having a think about it driving into work this morning and there are two things that I can see being a problem.

Passenger side airbag.

Air vents built into the trim.

What is the procedure for making sure that I do not disturb the airbag because it seems to be built into the part im taking off - there is no mention of this in Haynes.

Also how complicated do the vents make it?

Mike

Nike Lunar Elite's
Its only the vent covers that are attached so they dont get in the way, plus the airbag isn't attached to the top dash at all. If you wana make sure you dont disturb it (I wouldn't personally bother) you could disconnect your battery and leave it for 15mins before attempting the job.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
So when I remove the dash there is no danger of me disturbing the air bag - I dont want to attempt it if there is.

Cheers for the info :D