ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

central locking seems ok, button on key doesn't work to lock the car

extreme flamer
I thought I'd ask on here to try and help my mate out, he has a 51 or 52 plate clio 1.2l can't remember which.

Every time I go somewhere in his car with him I am passed the key when we get out, to lock it (pressing the button on the dash then using the lock on the door)
It's not the battery, the little red light flashes when the buttons pressed and a new battery has been tried in the key aswell.
Changing the fuses for the central locking has been tried with no result

Can anyone tell me where the sensor for the remote locking is located in the car? This is the only other thing I can think of that it can be

PB172
Any luck on this? I've got the same problem and syncing it just doesnt work for me, the LED light doesnt just illuminate and stay on? Am I supposed to have the key at a certain position, or out of the barrel? The LED on the fob flashes... Is it on its way out? Bit annoyed as both keys are the same... I'm in a ph2 though :/

PB172
But it's the same with my spare key and I have never used it :/ I'll have a go at taking it apart though :)

extreme flamer
I'm an idiot, I tried to fix my mates central locking today but I was holding the button on the keyfob for 2 seconds instead of the central locking button, I'll try it the proper way whenever I see him again

Clio 1.2 Panache
I'm an idiot, I tried to fix my mates central locking today but I was holding the button on the keyfob for 2 seconds instead of the central locking button, I'll try it the proper way whenever I see him again

did you manage to sort this out?

extreme flamer
No, I think the sensor is broke as pressing the button doesn't work and I couldn't get the immobiliser light to light up

Fiesta ST3
Fixing mine was as simple as disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

I had the same problem. Give this a try before you do anything else mate

Good look

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Im not sure if its the same on the ph2s, but on the ph1s the sensor is a small black box clipped to the divers side of the heater matrix, it has a 4 small wires going to it. might be worth trying a different one.

extreme flamer
Cheers for the advice given, the next time I see my mate I'll try disconnecting the battery and see what happens, if that fails I might look for the sensor