ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking

Clio's
My automatic central locking isnt working correctly! the problem started after getting my car back from the garage where i think it was plugged into a diagnostic computer. sometimes it locks and then unlocks itself randomly and other times it doesnt lock at all. i have tried ressetting it by pressing and holding it with the ignition on until it beeps and this still hasnt sorted the problem. does anybody else have any other ideas? also if it was caused by the diagnostic computer then can it be plugged back into the computer and have the CL reset through the diagnopstic computer?
thanks

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
On a Mk2.Ph2. Its all controlled from the UCH (body electrics computer)

If you have the code for your radio, its worth trying to re-set the module by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and see if it clears.

Personally I would have been on the dealers case, PDQ.

Clio's
it didnt go to a dealers it was a local garage. also i dont have a standard HU so it will not ask me for my code! ill unplugging the battery for 15 mins work anyway though?

Clio's
ive tried disconecting the battery. that didnt work. now the CL is locking and then unlocking about a minute later!!

Clio's
yeh its nothing to do with the key that all works fine and the button inside the car works fine its just the automatic locking that is not working. what is the RAID and how do i recycle it?

Clio 1.2 (Billabong)
I'm having a similar problem with my car... mk2 ph2 clio also.
When I first got the car the button or auto locking didnt work...about 3 weeks ago it started working of it's own accord. And now what'll happen is I'll get in the car, all fine, reach 4mph and it'll lock, then after a couple of minutes it'll start randomly unlocking and relocking itself. This started a few days ago.Then today I'd been shopping, came back to the car and unlocked it with the button on the key, before i'd taken a step closer it'd relocked itself, so I unlocked it again and put things in the boot, as soon as the boot closed(as soon as it made contact) it locked itself again. So I had to unlock it again! Then all the way home it was locking and relocking itself at random intervals. And after I'd parked at home and was getting things out the boot, it locked before the boot was shut. So I shut the boot, unlocked and relocked it. When I came back out a few hours later with my boyfriend to have a look at it, it'd unlocked itself.
My boyfriend and I took the automatic locking button off, and out of the dash but the problem still continued when we went for a little test drive. So we know its not the button. After refitting the button we tried to hold the button down til the dash beeped to turn it off but after about a minute it'd beep again and reactivate itself and the problem continued. We checked the appropriate fuses, took them out and put them back in but it still did not solve the problem.

Any other ideas!?