ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking

Mine is not working at all, The key fob feels empty, the button on the dash does nothing (doesn't even light up when the lights are switched on)

Does anyone have any experience of this problem as I would like advice on where i should start.

clio 182 trophy
Mine is not working at all, The key fob feels empty, the button on the dash does nothing (doesn't even light up when the lights are switched on)

Does anyone have any experience of this problem as I would like advice on where i should start.
My locking system would go mad by locking and unlocking all of the time whilst driving. Water had damaged the mechanism in the drivers door. Changing helped a lot but the problem still persisted. I removed the dash locking switch and put it back. Job done. Been fine since. Have a quick check but it chances are it is something else.

I have a Haynes manual now, having looked at the wiring diagrams and the fault finder, for a complete system failure it's either the fuse or the relays! If one component had failed the rest would still try to work!