ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chances of a deal from o2?

Contemplating an Iphone, anyone managed to wangle any better tarrifs etc? I've been with them years and I'm in their Platinum priority club thing if that makes any difference. I suspect the answer is "no deal" though tbh.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just sorted out a new contract with o2. I was going to pay the rest of my contract up and leave, but they happily swapped me to a new tariff if I commited to staying again. I've been with them 10 years anyway!

I pay £30 for 700 minutes, unlimited texts, 10 free land lines. On March the 20th, when my previous contract would have expired, I can have an 8gb iPhone for free, or a 16gb one for £50.

I've just sorted out a new contract with o2. I was going to pay the rest of my contract up and leave, but they happily swapped me to a new tariff if I commited to staying again. I've been with them 10 years anyway!

I pay £30 for 700 minutes, unlimited texts, 10 free land lines. On March the 20th, when my previous contract would have expired, I can have an 8gb iPhone for free, or a 16gb one for £50.

Bargain! if I can swing that deal I'll go for it. I'm genuinley considering binning off the contract and going PAYG if they cant do a very similar deal. Mine is up for renewal mid feb IIRC.

Lee

BMW M2C
As I said, mine is up March 20th. Over Christmas I ran up a massive bill so decided I'd just pay the next 3 months line rental and go. They pulled me back in the end. Plus I've always been very happy with the service.

I am with o2 business though, so I don't know if it's exclusive to them.

The business part might make a difference. I'll just see what I can manage. Even if it's £30 PM with unlimited x network texts and £50 to get the handset I could live with that.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
you will never get a deal on an iphone/ iphone tariff, my mate is an area managerfor o2 and still couldnt :)

Lee

BMW M2C
As expected they didnt want to know. How did you go about setting up a business account Lee?

It was luck. Apparently because I've been with them so long all customers on the old system ended up as business customers. The girl on the phone said I was lucky as I can have any tariff they offer. Customer Support is really good too. They even answer when you're pissed on New Years Eve. lol

172//Crap Micra//Bus
My DryPod screens packed up, so I wanna join the bandwagon... but I won't be taken up the chocolate chimney by o2 again... they actually owe me money, and I can't remember ever actually being with them :S Prices are starting to come down now, so i'd wait tbh

I've just called them. Bloke on the phone said I can just choose to transfer to business when my renewal is due. If it's that straight forward £30 tariff with unlimited texts here I come!

tiTTy & SV650
they gave my sis an iphone as a free upgrade, free phone as it was a 'refurb' i.e. someone had sent it back not wanting it. It was as new unmarked, box immaculate etc etc.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
There c***s,

My average bill was £100+per month for the last few years. Would't even give me the handset at a reduced price, or any free extra txts LOL

c***s

Lee

BMW M2C
The unlimited texts is an offer at the moment. You can take the lower tariff with 300 minutes and unlimited texts for £22.40. I'm on Small Business Frequent User.

Forgot to mention, I get 20% off my line rental for being such a nice guy.

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, they only do 24 or 36. To get anything close to it with any other provided you have to take 18. With o2 you can still have a new handset every 12 months though.

You won't get a deal like that for 12 months. I tried, and it would have cost a lot more.

I'm not bothered about being tied in, the handset would be the only issue with that length of contract but as you can change that each year it suits me.

I'm not bothered about being tied in, the handset would be the only issue with that length of contract but as you can change that each year it suits me.

So your managing to get an iphone 3G for £30 a month with 600mins and unlimited texts?! Bargain! Where can i sign!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
orange ftw.

1200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited net/email, raised fair usage.. £22.50 a month.

Also get the bonues of orange wednesdays, gig alerts and magic numbers :)