ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing alloys on Clio Campus

Clio Campus
I've just bought some Clio alloys- 205/45/16s for my Clio Campus. I previously had 205/55/15s. The tyres are touching the inner plastic and I don't understand why, I've even put 10mm spacers on and they are still touching. Is it something different with the bodywork of a Campus or any suggestions would be great as I've just used the last of my money to buy them.

Are you sure they were 205/55/15s and not 185's? The 16s will be wider and taller if they were 185s. Could be worn dampers but not sure could just be too big, trim back the plastic where it touches

I've just bought some Clio alloys- 205/45/16s for my Clio Campus. I previously had 205/55/15s. The tyres are touching the inner plastic and I don't understand why, I've even put 10mm spacers on and they are still touching. Is it something different with the bodywork of a Campus or any suggestions would be great as I've just used the last of my money to buy them.
If it is on the rear, this is due to the stub axles being narrower, you need to fit 20mm hub centric spacers.