ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing cambelt-need some advice!

172 ph2
hey, hopefully someone can help, i plan on changing the cambelt and as im gonna prob get the gear from the net, just wondered how many aux belts are there? and do the tensoners need replacing?and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!cheers!! Aaron.

Megane dci 130
Just one big belt, and the kit includes the tentioner and the lower jocky wheel. Tbh, only do the water pump if its leaking or the bearing has signs of wear.

BMW M135i
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think you know what your getting yourself in for. Locking tools are essential too.

PH1 172 Sport
Why do so many people say get the water pump done. Seems like another cliosport myth to me! Has anyone actually heard of one leaking on a Sport?

Also the aux belt is hard enough to change IMO. Unles you have done cambelts before I would steer clear.

172 ph2
Cheers for all the advice guys, i didnt make it clear that i wasnt gonna do it myself, sod that!!! i wanted to make sure what had to be done and also if i was buying the stuff and just paying for labour, just getting idea of prices at the mo!! cheers!x;)