ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the gear knob

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Heya looking to change my gear knob in my clio its a 53 plate mk 2 does it just unscrew? Also does anyone know some good sites where to purchase a smart one.

Cheers :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The richbrook ball type with the slanted top is nice, had one in the trophy. You'll need to saw through the top of the current one.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Hmm saw it off you need to lift it to put it in reverse dont wanna mess that up or will it be fine m8?

Audi A3
the lift up collar isnt connected to the atual gear knob head, its a seperate peice i believe so shouldnt affect it removing old gear knob....

421 Cammed 172
It doesnt always have to be sawed off.

I twisted mine off, less messy and if you ever sell you can always give the standard gearknob with the car.

As said before slanted richbrook type are nice, got mine from www.speeding.co.uk for £22 i think

S2000 + E91 330D
Yeah, i got some pipe grips on mine, twisted it untill it came loose then pulled it off.. pretty easy really