ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing WHOIS Records on a Domain

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Good Evening,

I need to change a WHOIS record for a domain I registered (need to change the name/owner). How do I go about doing this?

I have searched Google and can't find who I need to go to!
Thanks in advance

James

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Thanks guys but I can't find anywhere to change it. I went with www.ukreg.com and have a few domains with them but cannot find where :(

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The name of the Owner. I want to be anonymous for one of them - don't ask! lol

I will drop them an email or have a look through their monster FAQ list (they are owned by Fasthosts).

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
James, as a UKReg customer I'm pretty sure you will have access to fasthosts customer support. Email them or call them with your username/password for support. They're very good.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Si,

I emailed them earlier this evening and they replied with a link on their site of how to change. Everything but the name they can change for free (address, contact number etc) but as for the name/owner it seems like Nominet have to do and its going to cost me £10.
I might give them a call as well though and try and sweet talk into them changing it for me (if they can!)

I knew when registering I shouldn't of put my name in but I was dumb enough to fill it out anyway.

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ahhh no probs. I've changed all of my addresses and stuff (when I moved house) for my old domains. Names I've kept the same to be honest. If its a .co.uk you can opt-out of sharing your details. If you change your number to 0800 000 000 then that stops the calls too ;)

I10
Good Evening,

I need to change a WHOIS record for a domain I registered (need to change the name/owner). How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

James

Hi,
By using the domain Username and password,Log into your account in control panel make the changes you need and save them.To check whether the changes have been made correctly you can use the who is search which is provided by the site WhoisXY.com .If the records are not changed inform your domain provider about the problem,And get the proper solution from them.

I10
Good Evening,

Thanks in advance

James

Hi,
By using the domain Username and password,Log into your account in control panel make the changes you need and save them.To check whether the changes have been made correctly you can use the who is search which is provided by the site WhoisXY.com .If the records are not changed inform your domain provider about the problem,And get the proper solution from them.