ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap 6 inch phone for Torque Pro?

Clio 197
I'm looking at a cheap 6 inch android phone that will simply run the Torque Pro app and run Waze. I've found the following two on Amazon and they look fine for my purpose and was wondering if anyone had an experiences with them or had any alternatives? A 7 inch tablet is too big to retrofit within the satnav housing, same problem with a 7 inch touchscreen paired with a Raspberry Pi.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PADGENE®-Unlocked-Smartphone-Phone-MTK6580-G-Sensor/dp/B01FH860FI/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1478185117&sr=1-8&keywords=6+inch+android

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kivors®-Android-Unlocked-Smartphone-SIM-Free/dp/B01ION1UHQ/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1478185117&sr=1-11&keywords=6+inch+android

Listerine & Poledo
Android phone is android phone.
You may just have a struggle getting help if it bricks itself, compared to the bigger names.

Clio 197
Android phone is android phone.
You may just have a struggle getting help if it bricks itself, compared to the bigger names.
I'm guessing it may only become bricked if i'm rooting it? I've got no plans to do that since it'll be my first android

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is, with low RAM and CPU phones the speed that torque updates is slow. I've got a quad core stereo in the Golf and with more than one or two dials it's really slow to update. I'll grab a video on my way to work tomorrow to show you.

Clio 197
No worries mate, I appreciate the help. I've seen one cubot dinosaur which has 3GB of RAM but then it all comes down to the CPU (Quad core, 1.3 GHz) which I suspect is the same in all these cheap android phones.

Clio 197
Went for a LG G3 in mint condition in the end. A 6 inch screen would have been too big and I didn't want a phone with a mediocre CPU. Picked it up cheap enough so now looking for a carpenter

Clio 197
Haha it's all good! I found another app called DashCommand which I think i'll go for as i'm not really a fan of the dials