ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chinese phone

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Been recently looking at buying a phone and i keep seeing cheap Chinese phones available.

I dont fancy being stuck in a contract so hopefully the op2 ( another Chinese company )becomes available for me to buy soon.
Anyone ever been tempted by these phones?

Here is a list of a few below -

DOOGEE F3 Pro-
http://eud.dx.com/product/presale-d...ram-16gb-rom-gps-white-844400792#.VhO2nflVhHw

Alcatel 6043D Idol X+ Prepay Mobile Phone - White
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JUU8ULC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

DOOGEE F5
http://www.banggood.com/DOOGEE-F5-5_5-inch-4G-LTE-3GB-RAM-MTK6753-Octa-core-Smartphone-p-993187.html

5.0 inch XIAOMI Mi4C 4G Smartphone ( have more of the market than apple in china )
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_241903.html

Elephone P8000 4G LTE
http://search.focalprice.com/search?keyword=MH1281X&SSAID=745788

Seems like a lot of phone for a lot of phone for so little money, the thing is phones become redundant after 2 year use due to tech moving so fast so kinda tempted to buy one and wait till next

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A guy on here bought one. I'd rather have a G3 or an M8 or something with some support.

Listerine & Poledo
WHat kind of support do you realistically need for an android phone.

And given that you're trying to side-step costs "buy-cheap, buy twice" is never truer. If it gets a hardware problem, chuck it in a bin and pull out the next onwe.

YOu'll buy 3 buy the time you get a smimilar-spec LG

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
WHat kind of support do you realistically need for an android phone.

And given that you're trying to side-step costs "buy-cheap, buy twice" is never truer. If it gets a hardware problem, chuck it in a bin and pull out the next onwe.

YOu'll buy 3 buy the time you get a smimilar-spec LG

In no way am i attempting to side step cost as above im more than likely purchasing oneplus two.. this is also Chinese and nearly purchased a nexus 6 for £300 i just feel like what they are offering shouldn't be ignored.

Most of these phones are streets better than my current galaxy s4 and would make a decent upgrade for anyone who isnt tech savvy ( probs need to be with the issues you may receive )

Listerine & Poledo
Either you buy a UK phone, and pay the support-tax with it.
Or get a Chinese one, and maybe post it back to Xhinghua Province when/if it s***s a microphone, accompanied by a google-translate cover letter.

If there was a sizeable cost difference on spec-for-spec, worth it. If you're only saving £50, makes not a lot of sense.

Fiesta ST-2
Go for the xiaomi. Always been tempted by their phones, great specs and price. I used to use their MIUI years ago was very good and way ahead of the times.

2014 Focus Titanium
I've had a Huawei Honor 7 for 3 weeks now (after a Nexus 5 then Oneplus One) and absolutely love it! I managed to pick it up in the flash sale for £209 which was a stupid price but even at the normal £249 I'd say it's a bargain.

It's quick, has one of the best and fastest fingerprint sensors available, the camera is unbelievable and the screen is lovely. The build quality is good too, although not quite on Samsung / iPhone level, but you would say 95% of the way!

I have no other experience of Chinese phones, but if the Honor 7 is anything to go by, they're well worth it!

I wouldn't worry about support either, personally.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Either you buy a UK phone, and pay the support-tax with it.
Or get a Chinese one, and maybe post it back to Xhinghua Province when/if it s***s a microphone, accompanied by a google-translate cover letter.

If there was a sizeable cost difference on spec-for-spec, worth it. If you're only saving £50, makes not a lot of sense.
Nah I agree just think the phones are so much cheaper for the spec.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I've had a Huawei Honor 7 for 3 weeks now and absolutely love it! I managed to pick it up in the flash sale for £209 which was a stupid price but even at the normal £249 I'd say it's a bargain.

It's quick, has one of the best and fastest fingerprint sensors available, the camera is unbelievable and the screen is lovely. The build quality is good too, although not quite on Samsung / iPhone level, but you would say 95% of the way!

I have no other experience of Chinese phones, but if the Honor 7 is anything to go by, they're well worth it!

I wouldn't worry about support either, personally.

It's not something I'm buying just think the price for the spec is madness. See a lot of threads elsewhere people snapping these phones up

Clio 182 Cup
I've had a xiaomi mi4 for just over a year now and its a brilliant phone, can't recommend it enough. I have never had any issues with this phone at all.

The xiaomi mi4c that you mention has a slightly lower spec than the mi4 but not much and is a bit cheaper (don't think the frame is stainless steel but not sure). The battery is a large capacity 3000mah which charges in an hour and can last for more than 2 days. I just charge it each night and very rarely do I need to plug it in otherwise. The phone's frame is made of brushed stainless steel so it has a real premium feel (Apple use cheaper aluminium).

The interface is clean and smooth and the screen is amazing. Some of the apps that come with it are very good too.

It's a good size for me personally about halfway between an apple 6 and a 6 plus but the screen is closer to the edges of the phone so the screen is comparitively larger if that makes sense. I also considered the oneplus 2 at the time when I bought mine which has a comparable spec/price and similarly good battery but it is quite a bit larger and I personally was just put off by the larger size.

The spec is comparable to a high end samsung or apple but for less than half the price (I paid about 250quid) . It is often referred to as a flagship killer because of this or the apple of the east. The spec isn't compromised by the price (theres 3gig of ram, sony cameras, top end processor etc) , the big difference is the low profits that xiaomi take.

The company is less than 4 years old but it has since overtaken Apple and Samsung to become the best selling phone manufacturer in China, I think with good reason. I understand they will be selling these in the UK shortly and I reckon they will be a hit.

Their earphones are highly rated too.

The mi5 is coming out within the next month or two and I'll be getting that when it is released.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Be careful with some of these Chinese brand phones. They can't be completely full of malware right out the box...
I ended up with a oneplus two .. i ordered a chineese phone for my sister and for 35 she really couldnt complain. she loves it esp for the price.