ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap clay bar? where from

2004 Clio 182 cup
im looking for some clay bar but everywhere i look its pretty expensive. im located in the northeast cheers

Have you used clay before? If not I'd recommended just getting the Meguiars kit from halfords and make use ofthe 3 for 2 offers.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where are you looking, and what is "expensive" ?!

Bilthamber soft clay from Opie Oils - 200g for about £10 and all you need is water as 'lube'.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have you looked into why you need a claybar mate? I'd rather you didn't do damage if you're using it for the wrong reasons.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you looked into why you need a claybar mate? I'd rather you didn't do damage if you're using it for the wrong reasons.

What and why would you use clay ?

Ive always thought about it and im not the best detailer in the world in fairness.

Im more of a wash / polish / wax type of guy but id like to go further.

Sam!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To remove some bonded contaminants that the wash de-tar/de-iron stage won't remove alone.

No I should add at this stage that clay is brilliant. It does indeed leave surface like glass, but if used incorrectly it's probably the worst thing you can do to your car. The polishing afterwards has to be up to scratch or the paintwork will actually look worse from the marring incurred during the claying stage.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, I'm looking at getting a few things from i4detailing on Friday and a clay bar kit was one of them. I was looking at the zaino z18 clay car and dodo juice's born sloppy spray. Is this a good starter kit? My car has never been clayed in my ownership (18 months) and I was looking at following it up with washing, poorboys black hole and then nuttys paste wax.

Cheers (sorry for the hijack :eek:)

Lol at "born sloppy" above!

To answer the OP's question, the Meg's Smooth Surface Clay kit is sold in Halfrauds.

I prefer the Bilt Hamber clay to the zaino. I also prefer Meg's no:16 to born slippy. You can even use water with shampoo as long as its slick...

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
To remove some bonded contaminants that the wash de-tar/de-iron stage won't remove alone.

No I should add at this stage that clay is brilliant. It does indeed leave surface like glass, but if used incorrectly it's probably the worst thing you can do to your car. The polishing afterwards has to be up to scratch or the paintwork will actually look worse from the marring incurred during the claying stage.

Cheers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great starter kit mate. Z18 is superb. BH is cheaper but I find Zaino just has the edge. I like soft clays.

Make sure you de iron/de tar before hand. :)