ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Gazebo?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,

I'm slowly getting more and more into the 'detailing' scene. Unfortunately though, my parents decided to buy a little MG Convertible, meaning I can no longer put my car in the garage to polish or when it rains :(

My thoughts now are, when I want to get stuck into the car, my only option is to use my DA on the drive way, which is alright, but ideally I believe it shouldn't be in the sun light,

I was thinking about buying a cheap Gazebo, does anyone here own one or have any recommendations?

Cheers
Ry

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Didn't even think of looking in Supermarkets, thanks. Will have a poke around tonight. All I'm worried about is in case it gets taken by the wind and hits my car..

W

WAR 23N

Tesco has a cheap pop up one. or morrisons

They do cheap ones or if your really stuck for one just try some camping stores like 'Go Outdoors' or 'Outdoor World' if they do them in your area that is lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Worth getting a 4.5 * 3 one rather than the normal 3 * 3 ones, so the whole car fits under.

This is the one my Mrs uses for cleaning cars with:

DSC_0449.jpg

If you're going to want to use it all year round, which I presume you are, it's good to spend a bit extra and get a decent one.

The super cheap ones will fall apart in any sort of breeze.

W

WAR 23N

If you're going to want to use it all year round, which I presume you are, it's good to spend a bit extra and get a decent one.

The super cheap ones will fall apart in any sort of breeze.

Good point :approve:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks a decent one that Chip.

Any details on it? (pardon the pun)

Its a couple of years old now and was just one we found online, was about 150 quid or so IIRC.
Its one of the "easy up" type ones, so takes only a few seconds to put up.

Its been used loads and is still in servicable condition, although the last time we were at santapod I put it up in way too much wind and its starting to pull the seams apart very slightly now.
Gazebos and wind dont really mix.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The CS teepee is a pretty expensive one but the wind at Rockingham is mega!

We tied it to the transit van! Lol.

Anchoring them down properly helps massively, but ultimately if it is really windy I have just learned not to use it or accept it might be broken. (I had a previous one collapse in the wind as it was inadequately pegged out, that was an expensive lesson, lol)

182cup & 172 racecar
We have got an very expensive one, tried to put it up at Anglesey the other week, not a good idea. Managed to get it down again before any real damage was done.

Just make sure you get a pop up one, save faffing about.
Argos also do a fair few. You get what you pay for ultimately, but if you're only going to use it mainly as a means for keeping the sun off, a cheap pop up would do fine.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just make sure you get a pop up one, save faffing about.
Argos also do a fair few. You get what you pay for ultimately, but if you're only going to use it mainly as a means for keeping the sun off, a cheap pop up would do fine.

Cheers everyone. Think I may go with a cheap pop up one then. Just have to accept it can't be used in any kind of strong wind!