ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Tyre Place

It's time for a new set of boots for the 172 cup.

I'm not so keen on the A539's and fancy something a bit better. Although to be fair they have done me well, but the lack of rim protection mean my wheels look pretty crappy. They also look a bit on the thin side despite being 195 45 16.

The Goodyear F1 seem to come recommended on a few forums I visit.Whats the best deal you have seen?...or is there another tyre I should be thinking of?

Ideally I would like to get a set of 4 delivered for less that £300.

Dave

Megane225FF
yokohama parada 205/45/16 = £68.7 per tyre
michelin pe2 205/45/16 = £79 per tyre
goodyear f1's 205/45/16 = £76.9 per tyre
all from mytyres.co.uk

A well built VW
blackcircles if you want a price fitted - i managed to get 4 tyres fitted for my sister at a local garage who are affiliated with them for £190

my tyres are good R Tec spring to mind aswell but have you tried ebay you can get some real good bargains

Or what about local celebrities Yozzasport or John2Modified or Andy GDi

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ring ATS and blag a discount!

I got 2 x 205/45/16 Eagle F1's GSD3's for £70 each inc delivery!!

BLACK 182
thedoc said:
yokohama parada 205/45/16 = £68.7 per tyre
michelin pe2 205/45/16 = £79 per tyre
goodyear f1's 205/45/16 = £76.9 per tyre
all from mytyres.co.uk

Cheapest tyres i have seen defo an address to keep hold of, my bf is mechanic and trade prices are more expensive than on this website.

2 x Pirelli on order (62.50 each inc vat and delivery):D

V6 Exige, GTR R35
id say mytyres mate, you get an extra 3& discount if youre a cliosport member too, have a look at the discounts section.

eagle f1's are up there with the best but if you look at the tyre reports on most websites the best tyre around at the moment is the bridgestone potenza, which beats every tyre hands down in all tests!! however i aint tried it myself so cant comment....

Maz

LY 200
How much does fitting cost once delivered from mytyres ?? bumps up the price a lil don't it ?? :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
yep, used mytyres a few times now and they have always delivered really quickly and have the best prices I have found.

Best place is a little independant tyre fitters and £20 cash in hand, though some kwik fit places etc will do it. (but most say no, 'cos they didn't sell the tyres and don't want to risk being done etc etc)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Maz said:
How much does fitting cost once delivered from mytyres ?? bumps up the price a lil don't it ?? :)

The local ATS wanted £110 inc fitting for 205/45/16 F1's.

I rang thier broker up blagged a discount. So a tyre was £70 and fitting will be £15

A well built VW
Maz said:
Try www.blackcircles.co.uk they give you a price inc fitting but you have to go to one of their stockist (i found one very local) they also give you a price for not fitted to compare
F1's on their are £76.50 supplied or £90 fitted
A local place may do them cheap on a day during the week when they are quiet for a backhander if your lucky and flutter your eyelashes ;)

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Thanks for the info guys .. the reason I was asking was because Cosco do PE2s fitted £85 each iirc :)

Waitey said:
The local ATS wanted £110 inc fitting for 205/45/16 F1's.

I rang thier broker up blagged a discount. So a tyre was £70 and fitting will be £15

^^ any blag tips for next time I need tyres .. ;) lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Maz just whine about how mytyres and blackcircles are cheaper! lol