ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Tyres

02 172, 07 AstraVan
Hi,
At The mo im out of work and i need tyres for the clio 195/45/16, whats the cheapest prices you guys have found ? BUDGET BUDGET

S4 Avant
last time i bought tyres, i got them from a local garage for £50 each. they were near enough the same as the ones your after 195/40R/16

172 Cup
Going by the size you're obviously after tyres for a 172/Cup and I'd personally stick clear of "budget" tyres.

you arent going to buy cheap 16" tyres as its not a popular size.

and as said before if its a sport dont put budgets on or you deserver to die lol.If you cant afford to run the car get rid.

Ph-Sold!
Check out etyres, very cheap and do fitting in the price at your home/work.

Never put budget tyres on anything thats got some performance, they're all that keeps the power on the road!

TVR Cerbera
Hi,
At The mo im out of work and i need tyres for the clio 195/45/16, whats the cheapest prices you guys have found ? BUDGET BUDGET

Sell the corsa, you don't need it and get desent tyres....only kidding. Proxes aren't that expensive and very good tyre

02 172, 07 AstraVan

and as said before if its a sport dont put budgets on or you deserver to die lol.If you cant afford to run the car get rid.

i can afford to run it but at the moment since i got laid off iam prioritizing my money sorry if i dont have as much money as you sweetheart too spend 100 a corner iam asking for prices not to get rid of it keep silly comments to yourself

i can afford to run it but at the moment since i got laid off iam prioritizing my money sorry if i dont have as much money as you sweetheart too spend 100 a corner iam asking for prices not to get rid of it keep silly comments to yourself

Well keep stupid f**king omments like that to yourself then, you know as much about my personal life as i do about yours, I was just trying to give you a warning as i have worked in the tyre industry for the past 2 years and have seen some nasty pictures of insurance jobs after people scrimped on tyres. IMO save money elsewhere.

02 172, 07 AstraVan
i dont know nothing about you and im glad i dont because you seem like a bit of an idiot after that out burst, and im not totaly stupid i know a thing or 2 about cars/bikes. i just asked cheapest place to get Budget tyres, Not someone to tell me i should die and get rid of my car. And watch your language young man

have you looked into part worns? I know they arent ideal, but they have done me well in the past! I got some Pirelli P3000 for my punto for £16 each fitted. I only got 6000miles out of them but was worth it!

TVR Cerbera
i dont know nothing about you and im glad i dont because you seem like a bit of an idiot after that out burst, and im not totaly stupid i know a thing or 2 about cars/bikes. i just asked cheapest place to get Budget tyres, Not someone to tell me i should die and get rid of my car. And watch your language young man

If you know a thing or 2 about cars/ bikes then you shouldn't be asking about budget tyres, but asking for good prices on good tyres

If you know a thing or 2 about cars/ bikes then you shouldn't be asking about budget tyres, but asking for good prices on good tyres

probably put more elegantly than by me, point well made.

Its just when you have to look at cars that are still stained with blood and tell the insurance companies the tyres were "not fit for purpose" you loose some of your patience.

TVR Cerbera

probably put more elegantly than by me, point well made.

Its just when you have to look at cars that are still stained with blood and tell the insurance companies the tyres were "not fit for purpose" you loose some of your patience.

Thank-you, i try to please. Can i get a discount on my next set of tyres as your close to me? (Santa Pod seems to kill them)

Thank-you, i try to please. Can i get a discount on my next set of tyres as your close to me? (Santa Pod seems to kill them)

Would love to mate but as said earlier i also have problems with my private life, having to leave my job was on of them. could only supply trade when i worked there anyway.

well if u drive like an idiot you are going to die anyway

yeah but ive seen Porkers writen off with no insurance payoutafter having an of when not being driven like an idiot.

02 172, 07 AstraVan
if the tyres r a road legal tyre and withtin the tread limit they cant just say no you cant have your pay out because you didnt pay enough for them iv claimed enough times to know that atleast

TVR Cerbera
if the tyres r a road legal tyre and withtin the tread limit they cant just say no you cant have your pay out because you didnt pay enough for them iv claimed enough times to know that atleast

So shall i get you a JCB for the hole you are digging?

02 172, 07 AstraVan
hole? im just saying iv gone through insurances a couple of time to know that they never said anything bout tyres before or refused to pay up, and the claims werent from driving fast, they were theft claims

If you have an off they can demand an independant inspection of the car.

I would inpect the tyres for damage, a budget tyre on a performance car i would deem unfit for purpose as it doesnt offer enough grip (another rating on the tyre) most people just check weight and speed ratings.

porsche, masaratti, ferrari, Jaguar, Mini and BMW have differnt rule and have to be fitted with manufacturer approved tyres that are marked as such on the sidewall.

Sorry, it just amazes me how apathetic people are when it comes to tyres.

They are seen now as a luxury purchase not an essential. This isnt just on here its across the country and i find fitters often give very bad information just to get a tyre bought from them and nowhere else.

Things like they are as good as a michelin etc when they are talking about something with a name like "ling long"

TVR Cerbera
Sorry, it just amazes me how apathetic people are when it comes to tyres.

They are seen now as a luxury purchase not an essential. This isnt just on here its across the country and i find fitters often give very bad information just to get a tyre bought from them and nowhere else.

Things like they are as good as a michelin etc when they are talking about something with a name like "ling long"

That's cos the "ling long" tyres uses the same tread pattern as michelin 20 years ago, so they LOOK as good as michelins from 20 years ago. however michelins changed the pattern for a reason, usually cos they found a better pattern

That's cos the "ling long" tyres uses the same tread pattern as michelin 20 years ago, so they LOOK as good as michelins from 20 years ago. however michelins changed the pattern for a reason, usually cos they found a better pattern

Its all in the compound tech that people dont understand aswell.

Black circles clicky

check out the dunlop SP9000's or Pirelli Pzero nero's (only go neros if you are having 4 as they are XL)

looked at 205's aswell but they are more expensive. other thing to look at is different sizes (ie on the mk1 they are 185/55V15's as standard but 195/50V15's are cheaper)

shop around and let other shop know other places prices, play a few off against each other.

02 172, 07 AstraVan
Bailey what did you mean only go neros if you are having 4 as they are XL, whats the XL mean ?