ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Check auto gearbox fault, sporadic.

Clio Mk3 1.2 TCE
Hi guys, so 4 months ago I bought a 2015 mk4 Clio GT auto. The car was perfect in every way until the last week or so where it will randomly throw up the “check auto gearbox” message. When this happens it loses the odd gears 1,3,5 but I can still drive in 2,4,6,R. I can shift through the gears with the paddles with slight challenge but it will do it. If I pull over and switch it off for a few minutes then the problem will go away.

I have read the codes at work and what I’m getting is “Clutch 1 Motor Circuit,General Electrical Failure” as well as a few battery related short circuit codes. From my own research I’ve seen people recommend changing the battery or even the TCM but that second option is a lot of money from what I’m aware of and not something that is currently affordable to me.

From what I’ve seen almost everyone with the same issue loses 2,4,6,R whereas I have the opposite issue and seem to lose 1,3,5.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Definitely change the battery first. If that doesn’t fix it I’m afraid you’re in for a new TCM.