ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

check cam timing

CLK 55
my car had a cambelt change before i bought it earlier this year. but when replacing the drivers engine mount the other week i saw that the belt and head had been lined up using tippex.. leaves me questioning if any tools were used whatsoever to time the engine?
the car runs ok, but i have to say it falls short of the 192bhp rolling road printout i have that came with the car.
ive bills for a 182 manifold , and "racing" cylinder head being fitted. but not much else performance wise.
anyway of checking the timing that you can suggest? and does the quoted figure sound realistic?
also id like to know if it had a map, any ideas how i can tell?
cheers

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I'm no expert but I think you can take the cam seals out and check the position of the cams.

Where are u based. Go to @MicKPM at diamond motors in Nottingham. He sorted my timing. Cant recommend the bloke enough tbh. Costs 60 plus vat to check it and if it needs adjusting costs around 170 all together