ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chip or r sport ecu

anyone tried the superchip option instead of r sport ecu, the graph looks impressive, plus 8 bhp peakpower increase and its a local upgrade instead of a long drive to hill power. not slating hill power just interested in the chip

what you on about? warranty, i alread have a list of probs so dinna be wide or if i have picked you up wrong sorry

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by pennga on 20 November 2003

anyone tried the superchip option instead of r sport ecu, the graph looks impressive, plus 8 bhp peakpower increase and its a local upgrade instead of a long drive to hill power. not slating hill power just interested in the chip
Well, chris n nic had his Superchipped and it only gave him a 3bhp gain, so he had it removed and now runs the R-Sport ECU.

His car runs the 1/4 mile in 14.1secs @ 98mph now! ;)

Rich did Chris ever strip the car and have the de-cat, exhaust and superchip on when he ran at York? Bet he would he would have got a similar time.

what you on about? warranty, i alread have a list of probs so dinna be wide or if i have picked you up wrong sorry

Who rattled your cage? Did I say something wrong?

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 20 November 2003

Well, chris n nic had his Superchipped and it only gave him a 3bhp gain, so he had it removed and now runs the R-Sport ECU.

His car runs the 1/4 mile in 14.1secs @ 98mph now! ;)
Actually its 97.5 mph!!!

lol

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 20 November 2003

Rich did Chris ever strip the car and have the de-cat, exhaust and superchip on when he ran at York? Bet he would he would have got a similar time.
Hi m8

I had the rear seats out (not passenger) and decat/exhaust with Rsport when I got that time. The superchip just didnt feel as quick as the Rsport and didnt raise the limiter in 3rd >. And was more expensive lol. It did make a difference but it wasnt as noticable IMO

Cheers

Chris

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I think Id rather get something like SMT6 (which I pick up tomorrow) or Unichip which is programmable to the car regardless of what mods are done

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 21 November 2003

I think Id rather get something like SMT6 (which I pick up tomorrow) or Unichip which is programmable to the car regardless of what mods are done
But theres a fair old price difference there mate...

Its kind of like the difference between a PC (Dastek) and a games console (R-Sport) which can both do the same job. The console is cheaper, but the PC can do so much more nd its the case here.

Where are they based and do you have a contact number? Also rich as you seem to have some extensive knowledge would you know how the rsport compares to say a ktec chip?

Quality, thats only up the road from me, will be easier to find now. Will have a look in yellow pages at some point. Anyone know how much it costs and do you have a number? (Saves me from checking yellow pages <-lazy b*****d)

Just remember even tho the R SPORT ECU looks the same as the standard one and has similar ecu codes the Renault garage can tell right away if its been modded, so beware if its going in for warrenty work.

neil82cup, sorry was being a bit wide myself, things on me mind, thought at first you were another cup sl*gger and was pished to be honest

Clio Dci

i had a magnex catback exhaust and superchip fitted. i have not had a drive of a 172/cup with replacement ecu so cant say if a chip is better or worst. it has certainly put a bit more life into the cup though. you can feel the increase in torque at low revs when pulling away. they car no longer feels like it going to stall. the plus for me is that it cannot be detected :devilish: .

I got mine put on my dads pals fault diog machine thing and it comes up and tells you the ECU code and it obviously doesnt match the standard one, I would think it would show up that your ECU has been tampered with as well.

contact information on rsport is 020 8542 0042 or 020 8540 9991. they are radbourne racings old numbers. ask for a guy called johnathen.

the address is

unit 9

nelson trading estate

its just up the road from south wimbledon station. behind staples.