ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chip or remap

53 Clio's & counting
Ultimately, a remap as it optimises everything to your exact car, where as a generic chip has general set peramiters.

This is why remaps cost more than chips.

Though with RS's you dont tend to replace anything, you upload either a gineric map onto the ecu, or have it custom mapped

clio 172
well i can get a remap for about 250 and a chip for about 150 i had my car rolling roaded at 164 bhp ant the fly wheel just need some more power

53 Clio's & counting
That is very cheap for a remap mate, make sure its through someone who knows what they are doing

clio 172
it is he builds kit cars. and got a rolling road he worked for pro drive for 3 years he knows what he is doing i think

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I hear those McCain chips give pretty decent gains... :race:

Failing that fastchip would probs be your next best port of call (also includes basic obd capabilities). Don't expect a big up in power though-put 2-4k aside for either bodies or SC if you want significantly more.

PH1 172 Sport
i'm thinking about 8 bhp would b nice and a bit more tor

Your be very lucky to get 8bhp top end but if he's a decent mapper you should get a good chunk of power and torque midrange. If you want to save some money do a search for RSTuner. You basically map the car yourself with a pre-written calibration.