ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chosen wrong colour

Although I agree with ClioDan (although I would as I have ordered yellow) I think Black is a nicer colour to have than Silver [IMO]

Dont get me wrong .. you will have to keep the black 182 clean! (otherwise Silver *does* get my vote) but I think it is easily the 2nd best colour

[again ... imho!]

Craig

Black looks good when clean but gets dirsty quick. Slver may always look the same so after washing it you dont feel good about the effort you put in.

H22A7 Accord Type R

Well, the black looks good, but the silver ages very well!! Mine still loks mint! ok, so it doesnt look as good as a black one when clean, but its a classy colour, and when some bint brushes past the car with her zip on her jacket along your door, you wont notice it on the silver ;)

Silver for me, in a couple of years the black one will look really tatty (swirls etc) but the Silver one will hide most of that and will look much better. If I was buying a 182 it would be silver.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Darker cars are the best, black, blue, naples, green.

Reckon you got yourself the best colour, in a few years time when people will be looking to buy a second hand one they will pay more for a rarer black one than an every day silver one.

Try finding a nice black 16v these days for sale - rare opportunity that I unfortunatly didnt have when I bought my blue one.

Far too many silver cars about - not just 172/182 but all cars.

Its become the fashion now to have silver cars - to me it looks like they havent been painted!!

(No offence to any silver car owners - each to their own!)

C4 Grand Picasso

Black 182s look sweet, would have been my next choice after the yellow (if I could afford it).

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

when u get a black car gleaming it look the dogs, absolute bas**rd to keep clean.

just get a decent resin/wax and do it on regular basis, i enjoy cleaning my car so black isnt that much of a prob, silver cars are for lazy gits plus every rep car is silver.

Silver actually slows the car down!!!! Takes 1 second off your 0-60 and looses you 10 bhp. Get black its the fastest colour in the world! :D

VaVa

Nah black on the 182 is much better than the silver. The silver on the 182 is actually quite a plain boring silver

black/ silver . you look in any supermarket carparks and the amount of black/ silver cars .boring /safe/ humdrum / two to a penny .get the orange or racing blue with white gordini stripes/yellow something that lets you know our living ,driving fast on a B road and not sitting in some supermarket carpark.

AMEN to saint and Dave, have turned a few heads in the racing blue. IMHO silver and black could be any Clio to the untrained eye, but , on the other hand, some people like that. "Stealth Mode" so to speak :)

Titanium 182

silver

clean and simple, modern, most cars are silver as its the colour to have

also if your a lazy fcuk then it never looks dirty unless you go rallying!!

but i do like the candy blue colour :D

Ive got a silver 172 and the 172 silver IS the best shade of silver ever made on a car!!!

But if I was gonna go for a 182 then it would be black or racing blue with white gordini stripes just coz Id want a change!!

The mark1 Yellow was spot on, but the new yellow looks like an AA van ;)

Mondeo STTDCI

Its up to you. Your preference. Screw what anyone else reckons...but heres my two pennies worth...

Black is amazing. The wheels match it the most perfectly out of all the 182 colours. However, to look good it must be kept clean, and blemish free. In a couple of years time those stone chips and wee scratches become very noticeable.

Racing blue is for the brave who dare to be a little different, Green and Yellow for the people willing to splash out the extra cash.

My choice woulda been yellow if I lived somewhere other that I do. It attracts too much attention imho