ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chucking it in...

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Well - time has come to move on the 172 and grow up (as the wife says).

Signed the papers today on a slightly larger car, well a 407 station wagon to be precise so bye bye performance and handling and hello lots of room and luxury (the panaramic roof sold it).

I've enjoyed the clio and loved the club and have met many mates here so thank you cliosport, I'll still look in but can't share in the experience and won't stand a chance of keeping up on road trips (until the map goes on).

I can still come to FCS and my bling it up a little so there is a silver lining

182 Clio
Sorry to hear that. I am testing the new Mini Cooper Works, as it comes in at 160 CO2 which saves £70 a year. Hate to get rid of the Clio, but the government are determined to hammer the hot hatchers.
Hope that you enjoy the Spacewagon.
A sad day for you

320d
The new gen 2 mini's are very efficient. Even the cooper s gets decent mpg. Cooper D is one of the most efficient cars in the country a remap would see 140bhp too

182 Clio
And the new John Cooper works is 211 bhp with the lowest CO2 they have produced for a hot hatch. The price is the biggest stumbling point as Mini will not budge on the £20k.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to hear that. I am testing the new Mini Cooper Works, as it comes in at 160 CO2 which saves £70 a year. Hate to get rid of the Clio, but the government are determined to hammer the hot hatchers.
A sad day for you

Sorry but £70 a year is f**k all!!! Defo shouldnt be the reason for changing a car!

Quite like the look of 407s, dunno why! They'd be on my list if I was in that market though

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A sad day for you

Sorry but £70 a year is f**k all!!! Defo shouldnt be the reason for changing a car!

Quite like the look of 407s, dunno why! They'd be on my list if I was in that market though

Exactly, hot hatch ownership is resonably expensive but i would let £70 put me off for pound for pound performance, Road tax is only a drop in the ocean of car ownership

EP3 Civic Type R
Andy has your's gone yet? If you are p/x against the 407 im sure you could make some extra cash for the wheels ;)

fabia vrs
feel for you mate !! I brought my dci to save money !! £35 a year tax a now 70+ mpg with the remap and filter ;)

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Save on fuel bills with 50 odd mpg over 30
Save on Tax with Band D over Band F
Save on Insureance with group 10 over group 16
Can actually put shopping or luggage in the boot rather than back seats

People dont crap themselves when you ask them to do some work on the engine.

I've gone for the HDi 2.0l 407sw. Love the crazy baskin shark front end, love the station wagon rear. Got the remap booked so the 136 bhp so will be back at 170 before you know it and 320 torques to play with.

Yes it will handle like a pleasure boat and have the turning circle of the QE2 but the height of the clio was no good for a fat bloke like me. kept tweaking my groin getting out.

Gonna stay lean on the mods also as you get bot all return from them. The clio must have had 3K thrown at it.