ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cinematic effect

Anyone had a go?

http://ebin.wordpress.com/2007/03/21/how-to-turn-your-photo-into-movie-like-effect-using-photoshop/

The settings are a bit hit and miss, the 400px only applies to smaller pics, you need to up that quite a lot for larger images!

My first attempt:

4053094862_270cdedba8_b.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Really like this JJ, like the desaturated colours and feathered vignette. :)

I'm torn between this effect and bright colourful images for my own stuff. I really like it, but after a while I just think, are my photos looking really dull? Lol. Really struggling to find a common theme at the moment!

Just found this guy on Flickr, I think the photo of the kid running and the guy in the restaurant on his profile page are pretty damn awesome. :approve:

http://www.flickr.com/people/loomax/

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ooohhh nice find, i had to play with the exposure levels bit to get it looking better as i found the set ones a bit harsh, it made my pics really dark. i also found if you keep the original image and duplicate it then change the opacity of the movie style layer after you flatten it a bit it helps

heres mine
moviepic.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
did another 2 :)

moviepic2.jpg

did this one with a green colour cast like the matrix - the pic is one i shot of a mate at uni as part of a sin cities style comic book (obviously this is the orignal and has not been sin cityfied lol)
moviepic3.jpg

Mk2 Golf gti
My quick attempt, doesnt quite have the impact of yours jungle jim or JJ!

4053333596_165cc270ca_b.jpg

Last edited:
I tried another - cheated a bit as not actually there!

Debating whether to flickr it or not.

Original:

img4074g.jpg

43823571.jpg

A silver Honda
^^It's Danny Dyer lol. The one of the house reminds me of 28 weeks later!

I wanna try this but don't have photoshop, boooo!

Scooby shot is cool too Jim.

1.8 Civic EX
i don't get two steps in this process, can someone try and explain for me..

6. i do exactly what its says but it makes no difference to the pic in any way shape or form. I understand it's almost supposed to remove the blur so one spot is in focus but that doesn't happen for me.

10. When i delete a portion of the black layer it just leaves a real obvious clear circle in the middle of the pic...how do i make it kinda fade out to the edges like you guys have?!

heres my attempt without using step 10..

4059385164_8700e119d4_b.jpg