ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarkson Loves new V6

What the feck was that about the "first clio" having a mad rear engined version?! Dont remember that one!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

WOW!!! :D

What a superb car and that colour is fantastic!

Looks good in photos, but you never get a real feel for it, so seeing it in action gives you a reaal picture and has now made me like it even more.

Remember, he said the Clio is cool and the V6 would be in his top 10 garage of all time favourites, so its a hit! ;)

but for jeremy clarkson to like something is great!!! And for the standard clio to be under cool! C

THE ALMIGHTLY CLARKSON HAS SPOKEN

What a superb car, personly better than the original. :D

The red looks nice, better than the blue?

Please note that the tests were done in the wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renault wont be able to take orders fast enough now. Everyone slated the first one and it wasnt taken seriously but so far the MK2 is getting nothing but praise.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 08 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 08 June 2003

What the feck was that about the "first clio" having a mad rear engined version?! Dont remember that one!!
Think he meant the R5 mate...

As in this bad boy >>>

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Pug106GTi/R5GTT/Group%20B%20Renault%205%20Turbo%2001.jpg
Yeh but he actually specifically mentioned the Clio as a seperate entity from the R5. What was he on about?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RT-ED on 08 June 2003

The red looks nice, better than the blue?
Ooooh... thats a tough one as I love the blue!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Boz, I think he was refering to the ph1 mk2 (i.e the bug eyed version) of the V6.

Quote: Originally posted by RT_owner on 08 June 2003

Boz, I think he was refering to the ph1 mk2 (i.e the bug eyed version) of the V6.
Yeah - cheers m8 - thatd probably be it.

I was distracted trying to work out that if I combine my credit cards, wages for the next year and maybe a small bank robbery, I might be able to afford a V6!

Megane 225 baby! :)

I soooooooo would love one!!!! Wouldnt care what colour it was but blue probably would win?!?!? :D

TAKES ALOT FOR JEREMEY TO LIKE IT, SO MUST BE A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THE MK1.

PLACE AN ORDER QUICK - ILL HAVE ONE IN SILVER TO HIDE THE AIR SCOOPS COLOUR BEING SILVER!! - HOPE THE AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT WORKS OK ON THIS VERSION EH...

Quote: Originally posted by jonm on 08 June 2003

Wouldnt cost much to get it painted in the bodycolour.

I wonder how much they will depreciate.

It will be interesting to see how well it keeps it value..

I cant really see a 2 seater hatchback doing well, especially with a Renault badge but heres hoping.

-Rob

Mars Red Clio V6 255

i would like to order the clio v6 but......... all my mates keep saying that i will lose sh*t loads of money when i come to sell it, i love the car but not enough to lose £7000 after only a year or so. But maybe it will hold its value better than the mk1 as it is a much improved car, any opinons on this? i was going to wait a year or so and pick one up second hand and let the por guy/girl before me lose all their hard earned cash, and had my mind set on getting a 2000/2001 corvette c5, but now??? after seing it on top gear, i want one, and the red is the best colour i have seen, i guess most new ones will be ordered in blue, so i think red must be my top colour

Id hold on and see how it pans out..unless you dont mind losing the money. You have a good car in the meantime!

C5 Corvette..erm..

I wouldnt buy a new one! Not yet anyway! Wait a year and see what happens. It is a Fookin sexy car and look forward to seeing a few on the road!

Yeh same here TBH. Infact ive only seen one mk1 on the road! I hope the mk2 kicks off. Would be nice to see all those colours in the flesh.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 09 June 2003

I would like to order the clio v6 but......... all my mates keep saying that i will lose sh*t loads of money when i come to sell it, i love the car but not enough to lose £7000 after only a year or so. But maybe it will hold its value better than the mk1 as it is a much improved car, any opinons on this? i was going to wait a year or so and pick one up second hand and let the por guy/girl before me lose all their hard earned cash, and had my mind set on getting a 2000/2001 corvette c5, but now??? after seing it on top gear, i want one, and the red is the best colour i have seen, i guess most new ones will be ordered in blue, so i think red must be my top colour

Keiron

Dont listen to your mates - THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS!!

If this car is as good as it looks and as good as Evo and JC says, I dont think there will be many second hand ones around for ages. And what would someone swap it for? There is nothing else which looks as stunning on the road.

:cool:

ff 182

I think its mint and its better than a vauxhall come on this is 1 of the best clios so far keep them coming?