ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying

Clio
Hi guys, I bought my car back in late october and clayed it thoroughly, the paint work was immaculate, but after the terrible winter weather Ive noticed the boot and the bottom of my doors are starting to get abit on the rough side, would I be alright to clay my car again come June? Or will I be in danger of wrecking the laquer?

Thanks, Mike.

Clio
yeh iv still got my quick detailer mate, + like you say get the car nice and wet/soapy, Cheers ;).

Golf R soon...
I've heard that you should really on clay the car twice a year!

Thats what I stick to anyway!

It doesn't really matter how many times you clay it, just as long as you re-polish and wax it afterwards to protect. Claying will just take as much crap of as possible back to the clear coat including any previous layers of polish wax etc so it will need re-doing.

clio 197
im new on here but come from the vw scene.we clay our cars at every show without fail.clay just picks off the bits stuck to the paint and dont touch the laquer...
jase.

Clio
cheers for comments guys, think i will clay it come summer, get the alloys off and polish them on the insides and clean under wheel arches, lol I sound like such a loser, cars are for driving (FAST) lol!

106 GTi
Harsh boys, who fancy's some lovin then ? ;)

No probs claying as much as you like really, though every time you do there is a chance of inducing very fine marring that needs polishing out.

On daily used vehicle and on cars that live outside twice a year is a good amount. Spring and Autumn - when cleaning up the car after winter and protecting it ready for winter.

thats Obsessive Car Detailer yeah Al?!! i know i have it, my face dropped when i saw the mud today lol

jamie

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Can you pay some-one to 'clay' you're car, or should I just stick to jet wash and the occasional valet?