ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning "2.0 16v" badge?

mk4 golf gt-tdi
gave my car a real good clean this morning, came up gorgeous.

the only thing i noticed is the little "2.0 16v" badges on the stips on the doors are looking a bit dull and mottled (sp?).

what do you clean yours with? iv tried abit of autosol but it didnt seems to manage it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had some similar marks on my old 172's side badges , i used autoglym metal polish , they came up a bit better but not perfect but if the autosol won't remove them i don't think the AG metal polish will . At the end of the day they are plastic thats been sprayed silver , not metal . Mine looked like it was actually little black dots in the paint not on top .

You could respray em then lacquer em as this will protect em better .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
ask rich the cleaning guru,im sure he'd be happy to give some pointers

Yeah but rich's car never goes anywhere , lol .

It goes from garage to drive and back to the garage . First time he's driven in weeks , yesterday ;) :quiet:

106 GTi
Not sure why people use Metal polish on them as they are just painted plastic!

Wash, clay, polish, seal and wax as you do the rest of the paintwork.

seems cheap to me! dont they go for more than that on fleabay??

tell you what, a job lot of those and some RS grills . . . i could make a fortune on ebay!! RS grills go for 60 odd and sure these go for around 35!

jamie