ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning mouldy seats

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've got some old 172 seats that have been sat in my garage for about 6 months and over the winter months they've grown a nice layer of mould.
What's the best way to clean them back up, and kill any mould that's left?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Wet vac/spray extraction machine really.

If you can't get hold of one then dry vac it first, but wear a mask or something as you don't want to be breathing that s**t in.

Then i'd be using something like Autosmart Bio Brisk or Gtechniq I2 Tri Clean as they have anti bacterial stuff in to combat stuff like mould. Give them a scrub with a stiff bristle brush and then wipe off with a damp microfibre and let them dry.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bio Brisk is brilliant. I used it only Recaro's as they smelt of smoke when I bought them and it removed the smell and cleaned them up really well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
bucket of hot water, as hot as your hands can take. Half a bottle of Miltons baby sterilising fluid.

Couple of clean microfibers and wipe, rinse cloth, wipe, rinse cloth, etc etc. They'll be like brand new and smell lush.