ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Click, Click, Click......

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Now i'm new to Apple but does everyones MBP Loudly click when you move it? I assume its the hard drive protecting itself? Am i right in thinking if i had the upgraded SD hard drive with no moving parts will that still click?

Thanks

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Well i had the Macbook replaced recently and the old one did it as well. Which makes me think its normal...

Go cry to your momma!
is it a click or a bit of a squeak?
I've got a 15 and the pegs inside squeak, gets right on my nerves!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
erm no... lol if you pick it up and shake it... it will make a donk type noise that is the hdd locking i think...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is defo a click. It does i when i slightly move it. Sounds like its coming from bottom right hand side?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yup mine does it. Never really given much thought into what it was but the HDD makes sense.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Right i do have the light creaking noise too which gets on my tits... It wasnt on my last MBP. But this is the noise i started the thread for...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Go cry to your momma!
That's 100% the HDD, sounds like the head(s) parking..try disabling the motion/free fall sensor breifly and see if it helps..

I fixed the squeaking on mine earlier, it'd got on my tits for far too long.

http://imageshack.us

Go cry to your momma!
The parcel tape..
Literally cut into strips and applied where the brass pegs contact it, you'll see where they've been rubbing to cause the squeaking.