ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking when let off accelerator - video

Just on my way home after a 100 or so mile drive tonight and I let off the accelerator to slow for a junction and my car is all of a sudden making a strange clicking noise...video is of this moment. First time I've ever heard it. Doesn't idle any different to normal and revs fine. Only occurs when no throttle on, clutch in or out doesn't matter and in every gear. Gearbox seems fine though. Clutch release bearing has been noisy since I've had it.
Drives and feels fine otherwise.

http://vid1159.photobucket.com/albums/p621/iaincb1/noise_zpslvfi2wjv.mp4

Any ideas?

Clio182
I think it's the carbon canister which is a common fault but it doesn't effect the driving or efficiency of the car. Mine does it.

I think it's the carbon canister which is a common fault but it doesn't effect the driving or efficiency of the car. Mine does it.

I've had a look through some threads and this could be the problem (fingers crossed it's so easy). The clicking is quite obvious and only when off the throttle. It is also faster the faster the car is going. Does this sound the same as you?

loose wheel bolts?

I don't think it will be this but always worth a check!

Clio182
The clicking is just obvious when stationary but pretty sure I can't hear it when I'm driving. I'm going to disconnect it soon