ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control / AC

RenaultSport 182
Hi Guys,

I've recently been saving and have just upgraded to a 182 from my 1.4 16v and I have a question regarding the Climate Control / AC.

Really, I'm just wondering if this eats alot of the petrol? I know generally AC does use some of the petrol, but without AC on, will the climate control still be using more petrol?

Thanks for your help.

Rick

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If your lucky you would notice 1mpg difference... and thats a big IF

But to answer your questions with a yes/no the answer would be yes.. it will use more fuel.. you just wont notice it..

1998 BMW e46 323i
Yeah, it's all academic in terms of fuel useage. believe me, after over a year of having my 172.

Where you'll notice the difference is performance. My car feels strangled when the AC is on. Try switching the AC on on the overrun, can feel the power being sapped.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
never noticed a difference in mine betwen air con on or off, performance or fuel wise.

1998 BMW e46 323i
definitely feels sluggish if your giving it some. try switching between on and off when accelerating.

Lionel Richie
i believe at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) the AC switches off, but i maybe wrong

it does drink the fuel, on the V6 the fuel gauge moves when you turn it on!

FredYozzasport said:

AT high rpm it shuts off I'll have a look tomorrow.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
FredYozzasport said:

i know most jap performance cars do this but didn't realise clios did too.

Hope so tho:D