ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Problem

Clio 172
Hi everyone,

I got my ph2 172 a couple of weeks ago. It didn't take long before I noticed the climate control seemed to be faulty. I've tried searching but can't sem to find the same problem!

Everything seems to work on it... the fan speed, the fan directions etc, but when setting the heat it can't be changed! It will only run at the temperature that was set las time the car was turned off.

For example: if you set it to minimum, turn the car off then back on again, and it will come on minimum. The digital temp will change on the screen when the buttons are pressed, but the actual heat doesn't. If I then set it on maximum nothing would happen. But if I turned the car off then back on then it would run on maximum. I hope this isn't getting too confusing :S

Also, my air con doesn't seem to work at all (not even with the good old turn the car off and on method :approve:). Could it be related to the above problem?

Any info would be hugely appreciated :D

clio 172
Hi everyone,

I got my ph2 172 a couple of weeks ago. It didn't take long before I noticed the climate control seemed to be faulty. I've tried searching but can't sem to find the same problem!

Everything seems to work on it... the fan speed, the fan directions etc, but when setting the heat it can't be changed! It will only run at the temperature that was set las time the car was turned off.

For example: if you set it to minimum, turn the car off then back on again, and it will come on minimum. The digital temp will change on the screen when the buttons are pressed, but the actual heat doesn't. If I then set it on maximum nothing would happen. But if I turned the car off then back on then it would run on maximum. I hope this isn't getting too confusing :S

Also, my air con doesn't seem to work at all (not even with the good old turn the car off and on method :approve:). Could it be related to the above problem?

Any info would be hugely appreciated :D

try searching again mate. That's a relatively common issue. There are two electrical motors on the rear of the climate control unit (have to remove the center console where the ashtray is), there's a small guide with pics about a guy who repaired his with some plastic ties.