ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control stops when idling

Clio 197
Hi guys!
I have a problem with AC that nobody can resolve. When I'm driving climate control works fine but when I'm idling for about 5 minutes on a very hot day, it stops. Engine temperature rises, AC stops for about 3 minutes, engine temperature goes down and cold air starts to blow again.
After few minutes process repeats.

The car is Clio 197 from 2007

Any thoughts?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing I can think is some cars have multi-speed cooling fans for the radiator, it's not unknown for the control packs to fail so the fan loses one or more of the speeds. It's usually the slower speeds. If that happens then it's not until the engine temp gets high enough for the "oooh, getting a bit bloody hot" speed to kick in that you'll get cooling to the radiators - the lack of cooling until then will stop the AC working and explain the engine temperature hike too. The E46 BMW was known for it.

I don't know if the 197 has that sort of setup, or suffers from issues with it, but it's one possibility. Sorry it's so vague.

Clio 197
Yes, it stops to cool engine, but why? I'm the owner of this car from the day one and it didnt happen before. Any ideas how to fix it?

Megane 225 f1
Sounds very much like a cooling fan issue, pressure rises in the air con when stationary then the pressure switch cuts the compressor untill it drops.