ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control

Clio 182 Race Car
Hi All,

Car - 2005 Clio 182

Trying to solve an issue with my Climate control. The backlight on the screen display lights up but nothing works. When I press any of the buttons nothing happens.
I’ve tried replacing the climate control unit but this hasn’t made any difference.

Both connectors are fitted correctly at the rear of the unit. Apart from the one I’ve circled in yellow in the photograph attached. I don’t know what this is for or in fact where it goes.

Any ideas?
23bf55ef4b5b2a520ca3d3282bd511ce.jpg

c49a80445f02fdf1a88f9db604ccbb85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore me I'm being an idiot. Thought that was the back of the UCH till I noticed there were only two big connectors.

Clio 182 Race Car
Thanks - I don’t have a stereo in the car as it’s a track car.
Just can’t work out why the climate control isn’t working

Clio 182 Race Car
I purchased the car in its current state. All electrics work.

Is there any anything that stands out as a typical fault with these?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Is that wire not the one for the glove box light?? I’d need to check mine, you have the climate panel wired up correctly but would make sure the connectors are clean and as @0ss says are you sure the new panel is working?

Clio 182 Race Car
Thanks for the input.

The new panel is working and tested according to RenBreakers who are based on eBay.

I’ll clean the connections to check what they are like.

It wasn’t working when I bought the car

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If it's never worked for you and both panels are the same I guess you need to start checking the fuses and wiring are all ok. At that point I'd be sending it to an auto electrician personally 🤣. @RustyMojo is pretty handy with electrical gubbins so he can probably advise better if needed👍.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
If it's never worked for you and both panels are the same I guess you need to start checking the fuses and wiring are all ok. At that point I'd be sending it to an auto electrician personally 🤣. @RustyMojo is pretty handy with electrical gubbins so he can probably advise better if needed👍.
I am? 😂😂 I’m the bloke that gave up with my old car after throwing a hissy fit and just bought a new car! If I were the OP I’d be getting to that stage now.

I will say I have had the dash out a fair few times now sorting stuff like this. I’d be checking things like fuses first, I’d also check that the ‘spare wire’ is for the glovebox light. It looks like someone has been messing with stuff behind there which would worry me a little. Does everything else work with the car? Did you buy it already tracked out and stripped?

Clio 182 Race Car
I am? [emoji23][emoji23] I’m the bloke that gave up with my old car after throwing a hissy fit and just bought a new car! If I were the OP I’d be getting to that stage now.

I will say I have had the dash out a fair few times now sorting stuff like this. I’d be checking things like fuses first, I’d also check that the ‘spare wire’ is for the glovebox light. It looks like someone has been messing with stuff behind there which would worry me a little. Does everything else work with the car? Did you buy it already tracked out and stripped?

It’s a race car but the regulations for the championship mean that everything needs to be working. E.G Lights, Windows, people use the heaters to demist during poor weather conditions.

I have two others items that need looking at - one of the headlights isn’t working and the rear brake side light doesn’t work either but the brake light does.

Clio 182 Race Car
If it's never worked for you and both panels are the same I guess you need to start checking the fuses and wiring are all ok. At that point I'd be sending it to an auto electrician personally [emoji1787]. @RustyMojo is pretty handy with electrical gubbins so he can probably advise better if needed[emoji106].

Yes am thinking of finding an auto electrician locally

Clio 182 Race Car
[emoji23][emoji23] You've delved deeper than I would into the world of car spaghetti! We'll file the first car as research and development [emoji106].

On a separate note - I need to extend my horn red/black wires by the steering wheel - what mm cable do I need and Amp rating?
Thanks