ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v issue

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
The last week I've had a very annoying issue with my car.
It first started that when I'd be driving along and when accelerating it would occasionally jerk forward hard as if it was emergency braking. The revs would drop and the emissions would flash on. After 2 seconds it would go out and the car would be back to normal and continue accelerating.
This would happen any gear, any speed and at any revs. But wouldn't happen all the time.
A few days of that issue and then the car would really struggle to start. It would crank and crank and crank but nothing. Tried bump start it but that did nothing either. After jump starting it it finally got going, with the emissions light on.
After a few days of not starting easy, last night the car just wouldn't start, tried jump starting no luck. Tried waiting a while no luck. So got my dad to pull it with his car and try bump start it. When trying to bump start it, pulled the clutch up and nothing just kept going but the ignition coil pack light came on the dashboard and was flashing away fast. So was going to give up.
We had to turn around to take it home. So I decided to just unplug coil pack plug in engine bay and re plug it again. Didn't start however it did start by bump starting it with emissions light on.
Any ideas?
I have my mot tomorrow too and need to get it fixed today. Hopefully someone can help. It also seems to be drinking the fuel at the minute too.
Hope someone can help, thank you
Tom

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
well i would be driving along and all a sudden i lose power from engine the engine management light would come on then instantly go off again and angine power restored all in a split of a second. it would randomly do them once in a blue moon and seems to have no pattern to it. i have since replaced crank sensor and cleaned all electrical connections in the fusebox including fuses themselves and the pin contacts in the wiring harness for all sensors and it hasent done it since. touch wood if fixed the problem.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
well i would be driving along and all a sudden i lose power from engine the engine management light would come on then instantly go off again and angine power restored all in a split of a second. it would randomly do them once in a blue moon and seems to have no pattern to it. i have since replaced crank sensor and cleaned all electrical connections in the fusebox including fuses themselves and the pin contacts in the wiring harness for all sensors and it hasent done it since. touch wood if fixed the problem.

If it's cutting in and out, like a intermittent misfire then it's very likely to be spark plugs or ignition coil pack, have the plugs been changed recently or within recommend interval? If not change the spark plugs as they are relatively cheap and no harm in having fresh plugs.
If plugs have been changed recently, remove them all and check the gaps checking that all are similar. Check to see if the plugs are cracked, should be able to see a black line down the outside if they are cracked. If you can't see anything wrong and they are newish plugs then my bet is coil pack.
So if I were you I'd be getting a coil pack and 4 new spark plugs.
Hope you manage to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk