ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 RSi looks lovely to me

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice but not sure it falls into rare modern classic though?
I think it's one of those cars you would need to be a proper Clio fan to see the appeal. I like them they drive nice and go quite well. But I would see it as more quirky and rare to a modern classic, but then you look at older warm hatch type cars from a few years before the RSI like an AX GT, Nova SR, Corolla GTi, Honda CRX etc and they are starting to climb in value and become rare and more desirable, but again you would really have to be into them or want one for some nostalgia!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah maybe an acquired taste. My friend is looking for a banger <1500 as he cant find a car he likes so sent it him saying this would be more fun than any old barge to run around in. Also I just like very clean red cars 😂

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah maybe an acquired taste. My friend is looking for a banger <1500 as he cant find a car he likes so sent it him saying this would be more fun than any old barge to run around in. Also I just like very clean red cars 😂
yeah they are proper nice little cars to drive, my Mrs had a mk2 ph2 1.6 16v when they were new and i remember chasing a Focus ST170 in it glued to it down a backroad having a right giggle to myself!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller's had that for sale for a while now, they thought they were onto a rare little classic.

In reality it's just an average Clio, shares f**k-all important with the RS model and is really only recognised by Clio enthusiasts.
Those same enthusiasts won't be interested as it's not an RS.

It's the car a 18 year old kid drives till they can afford a 1*2 or something.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
In reality it's just an average Clio, shares f**k-all important with the RS model and is really only recognised by Clio enthusiasts.
Those same enthusiasts won't be interested as it's not an RS.
Clio enthusiasts come in all forms though! you have the MK1 lot, The V6 fans, the Diesel smokers etc! Its one of those cars that will eventually sell but its audience is so small it will take its time!

Agree the seller seemed to think they were onto something more desirable than it is, the last owner done well to get £1500 from a trader imo!

its on my watch list and going the right way, id buy it if it dipped into 3 figures lol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its on my watch list and going the right way, id buy it if it dipped into 3 figures lol

Therein lies the problem, it's got the attention of a few, but those same people know what they wanna pay.

At 100,000 miles it's hardly a collectors item either.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
I sold my odyssey Rsi with 57,000 miles on for £600 a few months ago 😬 I think £2000 is a bit hopeful surely?