ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 engine running temperature and oil cooler .

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Hi,
What is the maximum good operational engine temperature?
My race car is running 98-103cº coolant temp. on track it is OK or in the limit? ( environment 27cº - Itb's/non turbo).

Thanks

172 Ph1
I run Itb’s also , at SPA I saw 120 degrees oil 105 coolant , so backed off , now I’ve fitted a 13 row and also a shroud around my radiator , I won’t be able to test again until warmer weather, but I’m out at Snett in the 10th Nov so I’ll report back then .

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
I run Itb’s also , at SPA I saw 120 degrees oil 105 coolant , so backed off , now I’ve fitted a 13 row and also a shroud around my radiator , I won’t be able to test again until warmer weather, but I’m out at Snett in the 10th Nov so I’ll report back then .

Its very similar to mine, Im in doubt to apply a Air or Water oil cooler, Im afraid to apply a water cooler, it may increase the water temperature?
Apply a water cooler similar to DCI and CUP cars.

172 Ph1
Its very similar to mine, Im in doubt to apply a Air or Water oil cooler, Im afraid to apply a water cooler, it may increase the water temperature?
Apply a water cooler similar to DCI and CUP cars.

I run both coolers.
A modine oil to water cooler off a megane and the 13 row external .
a44a27bba7cf1af9df4cb293e882a2cf.jpg

172 Ph1
Wow.. ok. so please let me know the results after you test new air cooler.

Thanks for your feedback

It’s actually the other way round I had it .
Modine cooler was fitted first without 13row external cooler .
It was getting hot with just that and no fan shroud fitted. So it was kinda pointless on its own .
But now it’s in conjunction with the other supporting mods like the external cooler and the shroud I see results I know that , as after a serious run on the motorway full chat the oil and water are at 85degrees .
So I’m hoping all is good.

a20a50029e8e77010c98bc87056dc946.jpg
6cea9c74f5837ef3ce5ca1df70ebe3dd.jpg

172 Ph1
I see yours is the PMS one [emoji1303]. Polo rad ?
All do the same thing .
Couple of weeks away till Trackday, so I’ll report back with info [emoji1303]

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
I see yours is the PMS one [emoji1303]. Polo rad ?
All do the same thing .
Couple of weeks away till Trackday, so I’ll report back with info [emoji1303]

Correct :)
I will run on track day on 17th November and see how the temp performs and decide what to do.
Ok, I will be wait your feedback.

cheers

172 Ph1
Ok ,so the results of temps at snetterton.
Oil maxed at 108 degrees
Coolant maxed at 97 degrees
I’m running water wetter by the way.
15-20 mins runs , 5 laps on full chat where Snett allows full chat lol