ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Owner - Dubai

Clio 172 Clio 197
Hi All, my name is Elio and I own a 2002 Clio 172 ph2 F1 team in Iceberg Grey.
I live in Dubai and owned the car for the past 3 years.
Did some research about the F1 team edition but not find so much online. Anyone has more details about this edition??
I know they made 500 of them but that's really all that I found..
Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-15 at 15.02.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-15 at 15.02.45.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 53

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's an import.
Only the new RS models were recently introduced in the region.

Interesting. Where did you import it from? Was it difficult? Which R.S. models do you get over there?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested, as there's a chance I might be spending a bit more time in the region in the future, so nice to know these things!

Clio 172 Clio 197
Mine is imported from Japan. It's very easy to import a car to the UAE. 5% customs and some paperwork and it's in.
The new megane RS and clio 4 RS are being sold from the dealer here.
I'm part of the RS club UAE where almost all the UAE RSs (Old and New) are members. Really cool community and in general the car community here is cool.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Mine is imported from Japan. It's very easy to import a car to the UAE. 5% customs and some paperwork and it's in.
The new megane RS and clio 4 RS are being sold from the dealer here.
I'm part of the RS club UAE where almost all the UAE RSs (Old and New) are members. Really cool community and in general the car community here is cool.

Cool, thanks for the info. Is it a LHD, or RHD? I have a feeling that some of the Japanese imports were LHD.

How many do you think there are out there? Are the new ones very popular? I'm going to be out in Dubai for a holiday for a few weeks, so will have to keep my eyes open for Renaults now :cool:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Most of the japan specs cars in UAE are LHD. My clio also.
In the club we are about 75 cars.

Here is a photo from one of our meets. Megane RS launch at the dubai autodrome last november.

That's brilliant, lovely mix of cars there - surprised how many of the older cars there are.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard, it's great to see renaultsport enthusiasts from other countries on here.
We didn't get any special edition mk2 RS clio's over here apart from the Trophy. I reckon they may have had some in Australia though and maybe those were duplicated in Japan too? @gambit do you know of any down under?

Clio 172 Clio 197
Welcome aboard, it's great to see renaultsport enthusiasts from other countries on here.
We didn't get any special edition mk2 RS clio's over here apart from the Trophy. I reckon they may have had some in Australia though and maybe those were duplicated in Japan too? @gambit do you know of any down under?

I guess you are from the UK?
Would you have extra info about the F1 team edition? Original paint on my car and side sticker on the quarter panels. In addition to the serial number inside the car on the dashboard. However, local renault dealer couldn't determine the specs. I guess it's too old for the system they use...

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Most of the japan specs cars in UAE are LHD. My clio also.
In the club we are about 75 cars.

Here is a photo from one of our meets. Megane RS launch at the dubai autodrome last november.
I lived in Dubai for 4 years. Two years of that I lived in one of the buildings behind the autodrome, in sport city. Never knew there was an RS community. I only saw one black 182 in all that time, looked out of place with all the supercars ?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
There's a guy on here from Dubai, think he has a 200.

My bro was also over there (well AD then Muscat), but he's moving back to UK. he was pals with the renault lot over there as he had a 200 aswell. Did the trackday at Yas for the new Megane launch

Clio 172 Clio 197
There's a guy on here from Dubai, think he has a 200.

My bro was also over there (well AD then Muscat), but he's moving back to UK. he was pals with the renault lot over there as he had a 200 aswell. Did the trackday at Yas for the new Megane launch

I think you are talking about Chris. Yes he is with us in the group.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah my brother is Chris. Sold the Clio now I believe as he's coming back here for a year or 2.