ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 70k starting problem

Clio 182 FF
Hi,

My clio 182 has developed a starting issue. Most mornings when I go to start it, it will start but immediately cuts out (no jolts or funny noises etc) just like if you started it and turned it off yourself. It will always without any doubt start on the 2nd attempt everytime.

The car drives fine, got the normal rough idle but drives as good as ever and smooth regardless of revs / gear / speed. No lights on the dash either.

I have also noticed that the clock on the sat nav screen sometimes shows 6:00 and after 5 minutes or so will switch to the correct time. Also, once the car has started I can press auto on the climate controls (I am able to adjust temp/fan speed and all displays correctly) it takes about 10 seconds to actually kick in and for the fans to come on. Everytime after that I can press off and whenever I select auto they come on instantly! Just plays games when first started.

I have changed CTS genuine and TDC sensor again, genuine with new loom but made no difference. The car has had all belts done , including dephaser (genuine parts) about 2 years ago and is serviced every 3k or 6 months whichever I hit first with elf oil.

I have seen a previous post and someone said they're sensitive to voltage drops at startup regards battery

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Mike

Clio 182 FF
Does anyone have a part number for the regulator or is it part of the fuel pump and not replaceable

182 clio
Not sure if it's part of pump or not I believe it's in tank tho.
There will be a way of bypassing it hopefully.
I'm not sure how a one way valve fitted would work. That's how I fixed my headlight washers as they where weeping.

182 clio
Does anyone have a part number for the regulator or is it part of the fuel pump and not replaceable
done some digging it's replaceable I believe it's a Bosch 3.5bar not got part number tho.
In the tank there is a pump/sender unit combo, inside this there is a fuel pressure regulator which is a bosch 3.5 bar unit. It's quite a simple setup so that when the pressure in the fuel line exceeds 3.5bar it opens and bleeds the fuel straight back into the tank.

On PH1's they had a 3 bar regulator mounted on the fuel pressure rail, obviously with return lines back to the tank.