ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 differential bearing size

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi, hope you can help. Chasing a source for the 1-2 gear selector fork in a 2003 rs 172 . Diff man says fork plastic ends are worn. Renault in Australia have not got any, Pure say they are out of stock and i have 3 different part numbers and are unsure of which one , if any are correct so as i can chase all these unknown turkish sites Part numbers i have are 8200148716 but it comes up as also suitable for a Kango van, 7700679967- think its the actual fork selector i need but comes up no where and 7700743722- no idea what it is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Leigh
I’m afraid the item you require is no longer available from Renault. Anyone who has one in stock will only have old stock now.

leigh8695

ClioSport Club Member
  renault clio 172
I’m afraid the item you require is no longer available from Renault. Anyone who has one in stock will only have old stock now.
So, is there a solution to the selector fork wear? Can you tell me please if the crown wheel needs to be machined or pressed off the diff centre. Thanks again

leigh8695

ClioSport Club Member
  renault clio 172
Is there a solution for that circlip that falls out in the box? Is it the selector linkage arm that drops out?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So, is there a solution to the selector fork wear? Can you tell me please if the crown wheel needs to be machined or pressed off the diff centre. Thanks again
I’m looking at making some replacement forks in steel that will do away with the brass original with the nylon fingers. It will also be stronger. The crownwheel will press off, but only really needs doing if you’re fitting a LSD.
And will the 197/200 box bolt up to the 172 block?
Nope I’m afraid not.
Is there a solution for that circlip that falls out in the box? Is it the selector linkage arm that drops out?
You can get a bolt in plate off eBay that does away with the circlip. But if you’re fitting a LSD, the majority do away with the circlip anyway.

leigh8695

ClioSport Club Member
  renault clio 172
Thanks for the info. What is the time frame for the replacement fork? Does a worn fork only mean more movement? Any other consequences? Replacing with LSD so original crown wheel needs to come off. He has tried to press it off with a 25 ton press but no luck - he wants to heat it up. How does the circlip become redundant when you replace with LSD. I've got to explain this to the local so called diff expert.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the info. What is the time frame for the replacement fork? Does a worn fork only mean more movement? Any other consequences? Replacing with LSD so original crown wheel needs to come off. He has tried to press it off with a 25 ton press but no luck - he wants to heat it up. How does the circlip become redundant when you replace with LSD. I've got to explain this to the local so called diff expert.
Not sure at the moment mate tbh. Yeah so without those nylon pads on the fingers, you’ll get movement at the gearstick and the selector hub will start machining the brass fork eventually.

What diff are you replacing it with? Once he sees it, it should become more than obvious. Heating up the crownwheel to remove it won’t hurt it either btw, but A 25 tonne press should easily remove it tbh. Maybe he needs to man the f**k up lol

leigh8695

ClioSport Club Member
  renault clio 172
Its getting a gripper. Not that confident that he knows what he is doing but have no choice now . He has it in bits at the moment and i am trying to find a 1/2 fork for it. These boxes appear fragile, Any mods to make them stronger that you know of? maybe complete 197/200 engine and box transplant. Presume 197/200 box stronger- can't be worse can it?