ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 front windscreen

Clio 182
How much will one of these cost amd where do I get one from amd fitted? No idea of cost either I'm in Birmingham

PH2 172
How much will one of these cost amd where do I get one from amd fitted? No idea of cost either I'm in Birmingham

No idea where to go in Birmingham, but mine was £165 fitted.
Make sure to spec with rain sensor housing if you have one.

Clio 182
The windscreen seals yeah, were around £20 last time i looked for all three.
Ah ok if I do it with a company fitted do you think they'll supply the part or should I get it beforehand.

Sorry for all the questions my car has been sat on the drive for a few months as I've now moved to London. Trying to sort it before I sell it

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok if I do it with a company fitted do you think they'll supply the part or should I get it beforehand.

Sorry for all the questions my car has been sat on the drive for a few months as I've now moved to London. Trying to sort it before I sell it

They don't usually fit new seals.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They don't usually fit new seals.

The one thing stopping me from getting mine done. Mine's still the OEM screen with a couple of small chips and that sheen effect of many hundreds of tiny marks from over 150K+ of crap, flung up from UK roads.

When I had the Evo, the screen was almost flawless. It's clear that at some point the screen had been replaced - but very poorly. The top edges of the A-pillars (on both sides) started to rust out from behind the seal.

I'd definitely want a proper job being done on the Clio.

Land Rover
When my Z3 needed a screen l took it to BMW.
Others on the Z3 forum had used aftermarket companies and despite being told their glass was “the same except for the BMW stamp” it wasn’t.
The BMW dealer had their own body shop who worked to their standards.

If you are claiming on your insurance they will normally allow you to use the manufacturer, with a higher excess. (I paid £140 rather than £70)

BMW did a perfect job, fitting a new seal and surround trim. Check to see if Renault can do a windscreen change.