ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Multiple Injection DTC’s Misfire

Clio 182
Hi all,

I am at a loss... Clio 182 went in for routine service and MOT all ok. Drive home fine and next day EML flashing and bad smell. Took
It for a 5 minute drive the following morning to attempt to understand the problem and EML has gone to a solid. Clio Dash Diagnostic showed t- -h and AA read out showed Misfire on Cylinder 3. Right i figured I would get to work on the main culprits and see where I end up.

Obvious and visual problems with the car:

• rich fuel smell
  • fuel in exhaust system and leaking from rear exhaust
  • engine idle Slightly off
  • engine power appears down slightly
So i have changed the following in this order with all Gen renault:

1. all 4 sparks - fault persists
  2. Coil pack - fault persists
  3. HT leads - fault persists
  4. Injector on cylinder 3 - fault persists
I have ordered new lambda sensors and will need the garage to check and then possibly change these next as i cant get under the car enough having tried.

However, at this point i decided it has been 2 weeks and i have gone through 2 rubbish OBD readers that didnt work and new parts that have not fixed it so i purchased an iCarSoft RT II reader and have just plugged it in to find the following 10 DTCs under Injector:

10 DTC faults:
  • DF003: air temp sensor circuit (x3)
  • DF024: vehicle speed sensor circuit
  • DF118: Refrigerent pressure sensor circuit
  • DF058: Downstream oxygen sensor circuit
  • DF135: Brake pedal sensor circuit
  • DF110: Destructive misfire, OBD fault (x2)
  • DF235: cruise ctrl/speed limiter, fault on the two brake pedal contacts
Now this seems like an awful lot of sensor failures so i am now thinking/wondering if this is ECU related perhaps?

I have checked the 12v conection on the loom and looks fine, no issues with starting so i have ruled out camshaft sensor, no signs of oil that have caused any issues and the spark plugs whilst slightly old and warn/rusty where dry and showed no signs of water residue. I am somewhat at a loss if it is not lambda sensor pre cat and not sure, other than a garage, where to go from here.

The dashboard check now shows - - - h and this is for oil pressure issue so somewhat better but still the fuel is coming out of the exhaust?!?!?

I would at this stage really appreciate some input from anyone able and willing to help diagnose/point me in a direction i have not looked at yet.

All and any help much appreciated. Many thanks

Benn