ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 spluttering or misfire?

2005 Clio sport 182
Good day all, thanks for letting me join, I read hundreds of your posts and enjoy it. I can't find my exact fault though so this is my first.

My 182 splutters badly while driving, feels like a misfire, I can push the accelerator flat and it does nothing. If I turn the key off and back on while rolling in gear the fault goes away for around 1 minute then the fault comes back again. Sometimes I can drive for a couple of minutes. Every time I restart it fixes the fault.

When I start up from cold in the morning the fault doesn't happen. I can drive for hours and all is ok. If I stop somewhere and restart the fault comes back, every few minutes I must re start.

I recently had a timing belt and dephaser pulley changed as I thought that was the issue but apparently not.

I'd appreciate any advice please. Thank you

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Get it plugged into diagnostics.
I had a similar problem with mine was corrosion in the big white plug in the engine bay. Under the fuse box lid down at the bottom.
Unplug it if it’s green and fuzzy you will be able to clean up the pins with sand paper or similar. If it is that you might end up having to replace the plug or hard wire it all.
Other than that could be throttle pedal or throttle body issue. Or even injector on the way out. But more likely what you describe corrosion in the plug.

2005 Clio sport 182
Thank you Mcaff. I have no corrosion on that plug but sprayed it with electrical contact spray anyway but no change.