ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 unresponsive juttery, pulling sensation

Renault Clio 197
Hi other members,
I am new to owning a clio 197 (07 plate 4 owners) unmodified and i have minimal mechanical experience so some assistance would be appreciated.
The issue is with when i first drive the car it is very low on power at low revs almost like the car is trying to pull the power back and can be a little jumpy as well. i understand that the engine has to warm up to be fully responsive but is this unique to this type of car/engine as my previous car a Renault clio 16v 1.2 which from what i recall i would go off in the car first thing in the morning without any of the above.
Also when changing gear i can sometimes hear a noise (hard to describe) which sounds like it is coming from the exhaust area but i am unsure.
Are these issues i am experiencing normal or is there anything that i can get done to remedy them. All i want is to know is that all is working correctly with the car.
Thank you for any help,
Steve

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yup, that's the cold map on these.

They make 160ishbhp on the cold map and are heavily restricted until they're up to temperature. You just have to nurse it until it's warm

The jumping/kangarooing is a quirk of these cars, I don't know what causes it but it's annoying and dangerous as f**k

Is the changing gear noise like a crunch? The gearboxes on these are notoriously weak.

It could be a heat shield loose, or a plastic trim, or something sitting on the shifter, or a worn mount causing the noise if it's not a crunch

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They run like s**t cold. They really do.

I'd say 160 is a SERIOUS overestimate on cold. I get out dragged by the wenches 1.2 corsa ltd edition.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk