ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 Phase 1 1.4l 16v Ludo engine swap

Clio 2 Ph1 1.4 Ludo
Hi all,

Apologies if it has been answered before or if I have the wrong forum... I have a (French) 2000 Clio 2 Ph1 Ludo with a 1.4l 16v (98hp). It's a bit tired by now after 288000km and I'm looking to replace it perhaps with a more modern unit (that has the same or more HP of course). What would be the newest I could go for as a fairly straight swap?

Thanks!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Low mileage 1.6 16v k4m is a straight swap as they are virtually identical. Or a 2.0 f4r but engines are getting pricey unless you go for one of the 140hp variants from the laguna

Clio 2 Ph1 1.4 Ludo
Low mileage 1.6 16v k4m is a straight swap as they are virtually identical. Or a 2.0 f4r but engines are getting pricey unless you go for one of the 140hp variants from the laguna
Thanks very much for the feedback! I'm still learning about this car in particular as the trace states "imported to France in 2013" and one of the speaker cables has a tag on it from a factory in Tunesia. I kind of suspect that it was sold in Morocco or Algeria originally and came across when one of the previous owners immigrated to France. In any case, they seem to have taken good care of the car. Besides some rust at the back the car is in remarkable shape for its age.