ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 Sport vs Clio 2 non sport body differences.

Renault Clio 2 RS
Hi everyone. What are the differences between bodywork of Sport and non sport Clio 2?
I know that front fenders and bumpers are different but are there others?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Rear bumper is different too but fits a non sport.

Then you have the lower sill covers/extensions to account for the wider front arches.

Renault Clio 2 RS
Ok, but the rest of the body is the same? I mean suspension subframe, control arms and so on.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It's been a long time since I've had clios but i always thought the running gear is wider to fill the arches. I'm sure my old rep had spacers.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, but the rest of the body is the same? I mean suspension subframe, control arms and so on.
Subframe is close but different. Non sport is missing a mount I think for gearbox.

wishbones and suspension is all different between models.

rear beam is different. Including stub axels for disc brakes on sport and drums on most non sport.

most non sports have sunroof where sports do not.

182 has a flat boot floor where 172 and non sport are more similar with having spare wheel well.

why are you asking?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Ahh, well you said body 😅

In the case of subframe, rear beam and everything running gear, they are all different between sport and non sport.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The physical naked shell is the same, the rest is different. All the suspension and running gear is different plus the obvious of bumpers, side skirts and front wings. The suspension etc isn’t even the same on all 172/182s depending on cup pack or not. Flat boot floor is unique to the 182 I believe but happy to stand corrected on that if I’m wrong