ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 rs questions

2011 clio rs 200
Hi all

I picked up a 2011 clio rs last weekend. I had a 172 cup years ago hence the user name. I'm not keen on the wheels that it has come with and fancy a set or R26 alloys for it. They seem to be pretty rare though.
But I have also been thinking would 19" wheels fit? Has anyone done this and does it have any effect on the handling?

20150124_115028_zps7ifve8yw.jpg

It has the recaro's fitted and brembo's I'm not sure if it has cup chassis. How would I find out?
It also has a full decat system with scorpion centre section and back box.

It's off to RS Tuning in leeds in a couple of weeks to get mapped and sort the flat spot out.

Thanks in advance
Hardy

LY 200 EDC LUX
As mentioned already, you don't have the cup chassis. You would have red brembos. Good choice in getting one with recaros though!

I would imagine that fitting 19's certainly wouldent improve the handling. I also think the brakes would look very small behind 19's as they're not the biggest.

I think a few lads put megane wheels on these. They're the same fitment iirc apart from being an inch bigger. Not known of anyone having 19" though.

As said cup chassis is defined by having red calipers.

If you head over to Clio197.net there's a bit more info for the mk3's :)

2011 clio rs 200
Cheers peeps ... what actually defines the cup chassis? Is it just springs or is it full set up ie bushes, shocks, springs etc

Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
18" wheels are the largest you can go without it looking stupid. The Meg wheels are a straight swap.

197 alloys are the same as the Meg ones, just an inch smaller.

Cup chassis option I'm sure is just springs and dampers. And a quicker steering rack on 200s.

Afaik you can retro fit the cup chassis option.

With yours being a 2011 model though I think you'll have the newer, smaller top mount hole. This will limit your suspension choices somewhat.