ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio (2006) - Fuse just keeps blowing

Hi guys

Trawled through previous threads but can't find any relating to my problem.

A month or so ago a fuse blew that powers the nearside rear sidelight, dashboard lights (i.e. speedo) and a few other internal smaller things like the heater control lights.

I changed the fuse no problem, then on Friday it blew again. It has since blown everyday since then!

I've tried to find a trend in when it blows. Is is something I was doing to cause it to blow, however it just seems completely random. This morning it was when I first turned my lights on. Whereas tonight it was a minute or so after I had my lights on.

I thought maybe it was a dodgy bulb so I've changed the rear brake bulb.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing it and how I can go about fixing it.

Thanks very much!

No I've not had the head unit out for any reason. I've not changed anything to the car for a long long time. This is why I'm so confused as to what's causing it.

I've had the headunit out and disconnected everything and put it in the house whilst went for a drive. 20 yards down the road and it blew again. Thats the headunit eliminated anyways!

Fiesta ST2
ive holes in the bottom of my doors where the water drops out make sure its not blocked or you'll have a bottle of water or so in there matey!

possibly a problem with the wiring/a connector somewhere, grounding and blowing the fuse. could be a 'mare to trace if it's that