ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio boot locking problem

clio 1.2
Hi,
Looking for some advice re boot locking problem on 2003 clio, when you get out of car and press the remote to lock car etc, the boot does not lock all the time. When it does lock you can hear it clicking then you know it has locked, but more often than not it does not lock.
Thanks for any advice.

Clio Sport 172
I had the same problem!...if you havent fixed it already, there's one screw which keeps the plastic panel up. Once removed there are 6 clips that hold the panel up which with a little force unclip. The mechanism will be exposed, sometimes its as simple as just unplugging and replugging the leads. This is what i did and noticed it was functioning again. Otherwise the motor (actuator) could be dead..hope this helps..

clio 1.2
thanks for replies, yes i have tried the oil and cleaned it up, also tried the unplugging also, but it still only works now and again. May have to get a new motor.

Monaco Clio 172
i have the same problem. i tried the same and it worked fine for a bit then its back to how it was

Clio 1.2 16v
Boot solenoid, its a common problem. you can get one from a scrapyard/breaker quite cheap or from "cliospares" on here. 5 minutes to replace and will last another couple of years until it breaks again.