ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio CD Replacement

Hi, Can anyone please?
My son has a 2002 Clio Dynamique fitted with a standard Renault radio-cassette, and would like to fit a Sony MEX-BT2500 CD unit, but would like to retain the Clio’s remote display in-dash function and steering column remote control, are there any adaptors that do this with the Sony unit please?
Where would we get them?
Any recommendations’ for a better replacement aerial ?
Thanks

clio 172 exclusive n
i asked at my local in car audio shop paragon hifi they managed to order me one and fit it as i bought it from them this was for a alpine headuit though mate

check your yellow pages and ring about locally then ask if you buy it from them will they fit it for free/discounted price usaully a dash off job , theres guides on here how to get dash off just do a search if you fancy doing it yourself :)

Da

Less
It is generally possible with Sony, dependant on the model you have chosen. I will just check it out and report back.

Welcome to the club also! :)

clio 172 exclusive n
alot of people use the civic type r aerials :) heard they have better reception as well :) try ebay for these mate

Da

Less
That model doesn't have a remote input so I doubt the controls would work with it to be honest.

the bt2500 wont work with steering wheel controls
and what do you want to upgrade the aerial for?or you mean a better looking one?

Thanks guys,
The aerial has been replaced with a shorter, bit naff looking stick, just looking for a better looking one with better reception, previous owner wanted to get into garage,
Thought we would have to get something with a cople of adaptors,
But the Sony CDX-GT30RN looks ideal,
Thanks Storm_Force,
anyone know of a compatibility list?
Clio has a Renualt radio casstte fitted, expected a cd, wiring loom should be the same?

Da

Less
Wiring loom will be the same yeah, but if you've definitely bought a Dynamique then something's wrong as they came with CD standard.

da,
Yeah, thats what i thought, everything else says its a Dynamique, seats, alloys etc, only difference i noticed in engine, was that the oil breather on clutch/gearbox? was long and thin insead of box shaped as i had seen before?
Friend in motor trade even did some checks for us, they said it was a Dynamique, remote controls and display both work with car ok, so that should mean loom/plug at rear is same,
Maybe some clever dick decided to swap it on a previuos ownership?
As long as the Sony CDX-GT30RN plugs straight in, we are laughing,
Will check out the Renualt audio booklet that came with it,
and try and get a shot of the rear of unit and post it here,
So Sony CDX-GT30RN will drop straight in and remote display and controls will work as before?
Has anyone got a Sony CDX-GT30RN in a 2002 Clio?

BMW M135i
Wiring loom will be the same yeah, but if you've definitely bought a Dynamique then something's wrong as they came with CD standard.

No they weren't. Can't remember if it was just the early ones or the Ph2s or what but a CD wasn't standard, i've seen a good few with tapes in.

BMW M135i
da,
Yeah, thats what i thought, everything else says its a Dynamique, seats, alloys etc, only difference i noticed in engine, was that the oil breather on clutch/gearbox? was long and thin insead of box shaped as i had seen before?
Friend in motor trade even did some checks for us, they said it was a Dynamique, remote controls and display both work with car ok, so that should mean loom/plug at rear is same,
Maybe some clever dick decided to swap it on a previuos ownership?
As long as the Sony CDX-GT30RN plugs straight in, we are laughing,
Will check out the Renualt audio booklet that came with it,
and try and get a shot of the rear of unit and post it here,
So Sony CDX-GT30RN will drop straight in and remote display and controls will work as before?
Has anyone got a Sony CDX-GT30RN in a 2002 Clio?
Don't worry its a dynamique, CD player wasn't standard dynamique spec on 2002 models.

bmh.01, thanks for that, i thought a CD was standard spec, we looked at a expression and two dynamique's which where all earlier and all had CD's, but the cassette did not look like it had been moved, nearly pristine, looking forward to getting a Sony CDX-GT30RN,
Thanks Guys :)

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
Hey
anyone know if the Sony CDX GT30RN would fit
a 1998 Clio Ph2 RN which at the moment has a renault cassette player
only thing is that it does not have the internal screen that most clios seem to have, the cassette has its own display.

many thanks

BMW M135i
I stand corrected Ben :) Good luck with the purchase barndoor.
Yeh its a weird one, you'd think that something as trivial as a cd player would easily be standard on the higher models but its not for some reason.