ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup prices

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
What on earth has happened to 172 Cup prices, i bought a Cup about 8 years ago. 70k on the clock and in good condition for £2k.

Just looked in the classified, same sort of car will sort of car seems to be about £4k, what on earth has happened. I didn't expect these to become appreciating classics!!

Land Rover
Anything old or interesting has gone up in value.
Often because the earlier cars (Clio Williams for instance) are now out of reach, people look to the next best thing.

Also look at “completed sales” as you can ask whatever you want, but how many actually sell at those prices?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Also 8 years ago im sure there were quite a few cups with under 100k on the clocks, 8 years later these will be harder to find and such demand a premium.

Simple supply and demand.
Cup killing season in the winter, oh my god my car hasn't got ABS I'm gonna die, has killed off a few but there were never loads made.

All it takes is for there not to be many on the market and someone realising what they can ask, then everyone follows suit. Then people are paying more money, for less car (like they do on RS Porsches etc) but at the other end of the market.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Should have kept mine, wish i hadn't sold it. AST2 suspension etc, built by Mark Fish Motorsport.

I was thinking of 200 Cup but i did love the 172, would have to have Recaro's though those std seats are pants.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It was always going to happen in my view. Relatively rare homologation model of a popular hot hatch. 15 years later, when many have been crashed/modified/scrapped, the good ones were always going to climb in value.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Yea the Cup was due a good bump in prices, considering the Trophy has always demanded a premium the 172 Cup is long overdue it's time to shine.

Just watch as people try and do the same with the 182 Cup though, then it'll be time to point and laugh.

Prices were bound to increase on the cups, just look at prices for most other old school hot hatches lately.

As new hot hatches are getting heavier and quieter (albeit faster), I think there is still a demand for the raw driving experience that these cars deliver.